Onboarding, both internal and customer-facing, is easily one of the biggest most costly aspects of running any software company until you’ve conquered it.
Unless resources exist to custom-build solutions, outsourcing digital adoption with an easy onboarding SaaS tool is a smart move.
Well, not just smart, it’s a means of survival!
- – All the best most productive employees and faithful customers with immense customer lifetime value require great onboarding to stick around.
- – The costs of replacing high performers and core customers FAR outweigh the costs of sleek new solutions which we’ll look at in a moment.
- – Consider that under conventional circumstances it can take MONTHS for new users and employees to reach their full potential.
To have a chance at going the distance, from the moment individuals begin your onboarding process, they should feel affirmed in their decision — they’re doing the right thing… working with the right software company… they’ve chosen a partner for long-haul mutually beneficial results.
Let’s dive more into this subject, drawing upon the dreaded user churn as a foundational concept.
Quick Points: The Top 2 Reasons for User Churn
- 1- While users grasped the tip-of-the-iceberg light basics of what your software can do, or found themselves really focused on a handful of features during the pitch phase, they don’t fully understand your product.
- 2- Because users lack a complete and workable understanding of your software, they can easily lose sight of how much value you’ve laid in their laps.
Whether you’re a product manager for a medium-sized entertainment company or a general SaaS product owner catering to e-commerce, onboarding is directly tied to conversions.
Hence, the resounding call for a UserGuiding digital adoption solution.
Simply put, UserGuiding is an effective SaaS-based method of optimizing user or customer success.
Would you prefer a smidgen of collegiate-sounding industry verbiage?
“UserGuiding dramatically speeds up the onboarding process while making it substantially more effective, delivering delightful-educational UX at scale for happier customers and boosted revenue growth. Polished, professional, and personalized in-product adoption of new features and much more through a user-friendly solution.”
In other words, everyone’s happier and getting what they want quicker!
Let’s switch gears and take a brief look at three ways UserGuiding accomplishes all this.
#1 – Instant Immersion – Core Values at a Glance
Rather than a long meandering stroll through your feature-garden, UserGuiding instantly puts them at the helm of core value (with interactive real-time, on-screen support a click away). The sooner full-immersion happens, the sooner customers in finance, retail, transportation, etc., can fully deploy their new systems.
For example, you can’t experience an entire museum in one glimpse, but you can ‘get the gist’ in seconds through a savvy digital walkthrough.
If you are not convinced yet, here’s the one reason why you need an interactive product tour.
#2 – Action-Orientated Digital Steps to User Success
The average user bails from a new software application within a few minutes after signing up. Or, for B2B applications, without inspiration, a typical marketing manager forgets what they were doing and goes on a YouTube tangent… in the time it takes to get cheap crackers from a vending machine.
To keep new users glued to the values and benefits, UserGuiding allows you to personalize and curate their experience. You can SHOW them and ACTIVATE Users guided action by guided action.
#3 – A Quick Route to ‘Aha!’ Moments
Arguably the most effective way to boost your software or platform’s adoption rate is through promoting exciting new features — themselves designed around user pain points. Make it interactive, speaking the benefit-focused language which sparks those ‘Aha!’ moments.
Easy Example #1: New Employees for Huge Website Businesses
Imagine you’re the product manager for a HUGE e-commerce website in the American fitness industry.
Your platform is a symphony of processes and details coming together to sell products and grow. What happens when new employees need to jump into the fray and begin making changes, onboarding new vendors, creating/editing new product pages, adding blog content, etc.?
It can be a nightmare, one of the biggest hassles for e-commerce startups to manage. By digitally adopting a proper UserGuiding system, the issues become a new source of strength.
- In-Product messaging can lead directly to quick & easy, yet curated walkthroughs.
- No wrong buttons pushed or big mishaps that cause coding issues to unravel.
- Suddenly even the greenest intern can charge right in and make necessary changes.
Easy Example #2: Improving New Feature Adoption Rates
How about this, you’ve been building out your SaaS for years and the feature list is substantial. It’s incredible! It’s half a mile long! Initially, your onboarding processes worked well, but lately new and even experienced users are falling off or COMPLETELY missing new updates and features.
- They aren’t getting your in-product messages and emails; automated and personal.
- For those that do, they’re resistant to what seems to be another layer of complexity.
Here’s the question, how much value would an effective UserGuiding process be if it improved user adoption of new features by say, 48.3%?
And what if it does this in a way that makes users actually HUNGRY to discover more and incorporate more of your software using your walkthroughs, in-product messaging, highlighting functions, incorporated video, and more.
Powered By Hyper-Specific Behavioral Data From Users
What good would user-intuitive walkthroughs and exceptional onboarding solutions be if you couldn’t capture user data? How about customer feedback and interactive real-time help software solutions?
- Get illuminating stats on how well your UserGuiding creations are performing.
- Compare guides, optimize what you need to, get into the nitty-gritty of contextual help.
- A segment where your guides go, smartly group adopters by a large assortment of different metrics, and make it easier to serve your users.
Conclusion: Let’s Wrap This Up
UserGuiding transforms your ability to bring new employees aboard, getting them up to speed and integrated fast. It’s also a ‘code-free’ SaaS-based solution which makes familiarizing and updating software users so much more rewarding.
If you lack the time or resources to custom-design onboarding solutions, you owe it to yourself, your customers and users…to explore the wonders of UserGuiding.
Frequently Asked Questions
💻 What is digital adoption?
Digital adoption means having the users use the product or the service offered to the full extent in the way it was meant to be used.
🔗 What is the relation between onboarding and digital adoption?
Employees, users, and customers who are onboarded effectively will engage with your product more often and more efficiently, increasing digital adoption.
❓ Why should I invest in digital adoption?
In order to have more loyal customers and have a high conversion rate, investing in digital adoption is mandatory.