Looking to get certified in Change Management? Finally ready to take the initiative for your business’s sake? Wanna know what certification is the best for you?
If you are looking for answers to these questions, you are in the right place!
In this article, we will be discussing the top change management certifications for 2023. We will go over what they entail, and who should take them.
If you want to know more about these certifications, read on!
What is a Change Management Certification?
A change management certification is a type of certification given to individuals or groups of individuals who have taken a course on the ever-popular process of change management. Being available in a variety of prices, durations, and mediums, change management certifications are the right choice for companies likely to attempt change management in the near future.
Here are some mainly followed change management models:
Why get a Change Management Certification?
Change management has been around for decades now.
Yet still, 70% of change management attempts fail. The reason for that can be attributed to many things, especially the “human element”.
But the last thing you want to be your reason for failure is a lack of good education on change management.
There are 3 reasons why you need a change management certification.
- To acquire basic skills – Ther very simple reason change management certifications exist is to get participants to acquire new skills for change management. Among these skills are being a leader during change, bringing groups together toward one goal, and being able to understand human emotions better.
- To learn about tools – In every change management certification programme out there, there is a certain set of tools, templates, techniques, and practices offered to the participants.
- To increase the chances of success – Change management is a rocky road where you can get a flat tire any time. It is good to have a good driver – with a license.
Top 8 Change Management Certifications
1 – Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
The Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) certificate is a set of credentials that certifies a person’s ability to execute change in any size or scope of the organization.
The CCMP certification is the benchmark for change management professionals in 2023, offered by the Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) as a verification of change management training.
The test is based on the ACMP’s Standard and follows a training program.
This is a collection of change management tools and practices gathered from over a thousand case studies and extensive research. A qualified education provider is in charge of the program.
These are some of the benefits of CCMP certification:
- Course materials that are based on tried and true methods
- Best practices training that is instantly applicable
- Reputable credentials
- Exam preparation from third parties is widely available
Overall, the CCMP certification is a good fit for new change management practitioners as well as experienced change managers who want to improve their skills.
- Exam based on self-paced ACMP Standard training
- $595 for members
- $745 for non-members
2 – Prosci Change Management Certification
Prosci’s industry-leading change methodology is the foundation of its three-day virtual instructor-led course.
The ADKAR model, based on well over a decade’s worth of research and experience by Prosci specialists, has helped many organizations achieve organizational transformation with some participants reporting an 80% success rate!
The Prosci Change Management Certification program provides students with all the knowledge they need to implement successful changes in any organization. In addition, using reliable methods, this program is aimed at increasing change competency within an organization.
Because this is a proprietary program, all the material and tools are drawn from the Prosci principles.
It instructs students on how to approach company-wide change, explains what “change” means in different situations, and demonstrates how to develop an effective change management strategy.
The following are some of the reasons why the Prosci Change Management Certification is worthwhile:
- Both change management experts and new project managers will benefit from this course
- You’ll learn how to maximize project return on investment while adopting change.
- You’ll get access to a thriving network of changemakers
- For groups of two or more students or team members, a $500 discount is available (via referral)
Overall, the course is a great choice for anyone who wants to use the tried-and-true Prosci framework to create lasting change.
- 3 days
3 – ATD Certification in Change Management
The ADT Certification in Change Management program is tailored to meet the needs of today’s change leaders and facilitators.
Students learn how to implement organizational change through case studies, interactive program modules, and numerous application exercises in this in-depth training on an effective change model.
The Association for Talent Development created this course as a foundation-level certification for change managers who are already in the field.
Here are some of the things that make this program worthwhile::
- Application of change in a leadership-oriented way
- Great for trainers and future change coaches
- Comprehensive data-centric program material
- After completion, you’ll receive 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs)
This online course is ideal for anybody who wants to get valuable change management experience while also getting a strong certificate.
- 14 learning hours
- $1,495 for members
- $1,745 for non-members
4 – Change Management Institute Certification
CMI and the Accredited Change Manager Foundation teamed up to create the Change Management Institute (CMI) credential.
It has three certification levels and was created to be an all-encompassing program. Foundation, Specialist, and Master are the three levels, with Master consisting of three courses.
Depending on the candidate’s rank and position within the organization, each level provides a distinct set of skills to prepare them for real-world change management tasks.
This training is beneficial for a variety of reasons, including:
- Project-to-enterprise-level change management experience
- Accurate assessments in comparison to real-world benchmarks
- Great for candidates who want to be key change leaders in larger organizations
- Real-world capability assessment instead of testing
All in all, the Change Management Institute certification is a great set of credentials for future organizational change leaders.
Foundation – $525
Specialist – $675
Master – $1,050
5 – Change Management Specialist Certification
The Management and Strategy Institute (MSI) is a well-known trade organization dedicated to process improvement professionals.
MSI created the Change Management Specialist (CMS) certification for their members.
It provides students with a thorough grasp of how change works, how to achieve it, and how to apply it in various business environments.
MSI awards 30 Professional Competency Units (PCUs) to candidates who successfully complete the program. There are no prerequisites for the certification, and it also qualifies you for 30 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits.
Here’s why this is such a good choice:
- The training is quite cheap, and provides excellent value for money
- Limitless use of free training materials
- This course is best for people who are just starting out with change management
- The focus is on dealing with change resistance
Altogether, the course will benefit general change management enthusiasts as well as those seeking a career in change management.
6 – ITIL Mastering Change Management Certification
ITIL Certification in Mastering Change Management is an information technology system and a department-specific course for changes in a technological environment.
This course, which was created by ITIL, the world leader in teaching applicants and students on the true worth of the IT industry, educates applicants on how to place technology at the forefront of change.
Within a case study of a company that is apparently experiencing challenges typical to large-scale IT operations, students describe several aspects of change management. They also learn how to carry out large-scale modifications, such as entire system changes.
The ITIL change management training is great because of the following:
- IT-specific (People with previous IT operations experience find it quite appealing)
- A unique section on how to keep emergency changes to a minimum
- For more practical change solutions, ITIL and Six Sigma are combined
- Training in both SIPOC and Extended SIPOC are provided
All in all, this course is great for those who want to successfully implement change in their IT business.
Available on request
Available on request
7 – Managing Change in an Agile World
The Agile methodology is used as the cornerstone for all change management practices in the Managing Change in an Agile World program.
Change Guides LLC, the major provider is an ACMP Qualified Education Provider (QEP). This gives them a significant advantage when it comes to imparting practical knowledge.
Because this is an Agile-centric course, you will study all the change management principles from the 10 Agile change management laws. In comparison to other programs, this makes it a little more specialized.
Nonetheless, the following factors make this program ideal:
- Based on an internationally successful methodology, knowledge and practical expertise
- Agile procedures require less input for better outcomes
- Processes for managing change that have proved to be effective
- Pricing that is tailored to the needs of the business (less for small businesses with multiple students)
Considering all the facts, the Managing Change in an Agile World certification is ideal for anyone who is familiar with the Agile methodology and wants to understand how to apply it in a business from start to finish.
8 – Change Management Foundation Certificate
In collaboration with CMI (Change Management Institute), APMG International offers the Change Management Foundation Certification program.
It was created with beginners in mind. If you’re new to change management, this is the right course for you since it will walk you through all of the basics that you’ll need on your first project.
Even if you have a lot of expertise and want to get a Change Management practitioner certification, you must first complete this certification program. Only 25 out of 50 points are required for earning certification in this program.
The following are some of the things you will learn in the Change Management Foundation Program:
- It enables you to fully comprehend how individuals react to change and how to encourage them to accept it.
- The program relies on a variety of techniques that will assist you in fostering change.
- It assists you in developing ways to keep individuals engaged throughout the change process. It also aids in understanding the responsibilities and teams necessary to bring out change in the organization.
Available on request
Change is inevitable, and it’s often difficult for people to accept it and cope with it.
But change will always be necessary in order for companies to grow and overcome organizational challenges of the future.
If you’re looking for a change management certification, or just want to find out more about how they can help you or your organization to improve efficiency and strategic approach, you are the one I gathered this list for.
You’ll be able to learn more about the benefits of different certificates and find the one that best responds to your needs.
We hope you find this post helpful, and if you want to learn more about change management, check out the change management definitive guide that we’ve recently written.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which change management certification is the best?
The ideal change management certification is the one that is a good fit for your company and can help you successfully implement what you’ve learned. Examine the curriculums of several programs to see if they align with your goals.
How do you become a certified change manager?
The first step in becoming a certified change manager is to enroll in a change management certification program that aligns with your goals.
Is a change management certification worth it?
If you want to develop your career and learn more about how to make positive changes inside an organization or corporation, it’s absolutely well worth it. Change leaders are constantly looking for new ways to improve and grow as professionals, which is why it’s essential that they continue undertaking training courses throughout their careers.