Well it has great features, it’s affordable, it has good security, and amazing customer support, requires no technical knowledge, is easy to use, and the tool only gets better with each passing day.
“But everyone can claim those things, it’s a classic marketing strategy.”
You couldn’t be more correct.
And I feel you. I myself am pressured by all the marketing tactics of the tools I personally use. I don’t even know how many of those have better alternatives.
But today is the day we change this, and dig deep into comparison and data to see why UserGuiding is actually the best possible option for you.
In this post, I will:
- Introduce UserGuiding and every single one of the key features to you,
- Share data from actual users and try to understand why they absolutely love UserGuiding,
- And give a brief comparison with the most popular platforms that could be alternatives to UserGuiding, along with links to more comprehensive comparison pages.
Without further ado, let’s meet the star of the day:
What Is UserGuiding?
UserGuiding is a code-free user onboarding software for web products. It offers various onboarding elements such as interactive walkthroughs, feature highlights, onboarding checklists, NPS surveys, resource centers, and so much more.
The biggest strength of UserGuiding is that it combines affordable pricing with a strong set of features.
And they say that you either get the affordable or the good one.
You heard it.
But how exactly?People who need a digital adoption platform
What makes UserGuiding the best user onboarding tool?
Attention: the list of reasons below contains data provided by actual UserGuiding customers, reviewers on Capterra and G2, and screenshots from the actual tool – so everything you see could be highly addictive.
Reason #1 – It has all the features you need, and more
Before we dig in, here is a full list of all the key features you’ll get with all pricing plans of UserGuiding:
- Product tours,
- Onboarding checklists,
- Resource centers,
- In-app surveys,
- And Announcement modals.
1- Product Tours
86% of customers are willing to pay more for a better customer experience, and Interactive Product Guides are what make product adoption smoother and easier (compared to help articles).
UserGuiding offers fully customizable and fully interactive product tours that don’t require a single line of coding.
2- Onboarding Checklists
With a product onboarding checklist, you can:
- Create a smooth onboarding flow by gathering all your guides in one place,
- Highlight a clear path to the “Aha!” moment,
- Motivate unengaged users to take action by completing the steps,
- Reduce the number of support tickets and drive self-serve feature adoption while improving your trial-to-conversion rates by up to 550%.
3- Resource Centers
Connect your help center, FAQ pages, onboarding material, links, or any other onboarding document in one interactive on-app element to maximize user experience, just like CitizenShipper.
During onboarding, users might have different needs such as languages, materials, age differences, or even visibility preferences. Segment users with UserGuiding and push personalized user onboarding content for each of those segments for maximum engagement.
To act on each of the different needs of your customers, you have to be able to collect data on their activity. UserGuiding offers the privilege of having all the data you need within the app, and quite a selection of integrations to enhance all the data you collect.
Are your brand colors different than ours? How is that even possible??
Just kidding. The team made sure that UserGuiding blends right in with yours and looks just like a native element on your app/website. The no-code customization options are phenomenal, but if you need further changes, UserGuiding also supports custom CSS customization. You can even remove our branding from all the elements for maximum customization!
7- In-App surveys
Segmentation surveys, NPS, cancellation modals, you name it. UserGuiding covers all your in-app surveying requirements, along with surveying tool integrations.
Tooltips are great tools to turn any onboarding process into an interactive one. But the functionality of tooltips doesn’t stop there. UserGuiding allows you to highlight your key features with custom tooltips that can be built within and apart from interactive guides.
What would you like to do when you have a new feature?
a) Email all users and hope that everyone sees it,
b) Put a banner on top of the screen and wish that everyone notices,
c) Insert a small but noticeable hotspot to draw attention while not occupying much space on the screen so that everyone who interacts with your product can learn about the new feature on their own time and pace.
Yup. I agree.
10- Announcement modals
If you have an update that everyone must know for sure, you might need something more visible than a hotspot. UserGuiding has that as well. Product changes, promotions, discounts, cookie modals, news; use in-app modals or notification bars to communicate any information, to anyone and everyone.
Reason #2 – All those features cost as low as an Apple charger
If you are curious, here is the charger in question.
And yes, UserGuiding costs as low as $69 per month. Flat rate pricing, no hidden charges.
Here is a more comprehensive breakdown of the pricing tiers:
- 14-day free trial (no credit card required)
- Basic Plan: $69/month when billed annually for up to 2500 MAU
- Professional Plan: $299/month when billed annually for up to 20000 MAU with unlimited guides
- Custom Quotation Available for Larger Companies, starting at $499.
Reason #3 – Customers are fully satisfied with the tool, and recommend it
UserGuiding has a G2 rating of 4.7, with 112 reviews and a 98% satisfaction rate with the product direction.
Let’s hear about UserGuiding from the customers:
And here are some statistics from companies that UserGuiding helped save lots of time and dollars 💸:
- It only takes 2 minutes to add a new feature or addition to a guide and include it in the user onboarding process.
- You can reduce the time you otherwise need to create a fully cooked user onboarding process by 95%.
- You can improve trial-to-paid conversions by up to 550% by using checklists effectively.
- Reach an activation rate of 47% over 13 markets and 11 different languages.
- Provide 24/7 support without overpaying chatbots or having to hire people to work overnight.
- Reduce demo calls by 80%, and maybe even completely eliminate the need for a sales team.
- Also reduce the cost you spend on user onboarding by adding UserGuiding to your stack.
Reason #4 – UserGuiding is better than all the other alternatives
Your needs, your choice. I do realize that each company has different green and red flags when it comes to third-party software, but here is a list on why UserGuiding is the greenest of them all:
- UserGuiding vs. Pendo – UserGuiding is not only 16.5 times more affordable than Pendo, but it is also much easier to use, and customize, and much faster to return your investment.
- UserGuiding vs. Appcues – Appcues claims to be a no-code tool, but to get the most out of the tool, you have to have technical knowledge, and a big budget. With UserGuiding, you don’t have to worry about either of those issues.
- UserGuiding vs. Userpilot – UserGuiding provides all the features and functionalities that Userpilot does, for a price that is less than a third of what Userpilot charges.
- UserGuiding vs. Userflow – UserGuiding offers all features to all pricing tiers while you have to purchase the more expensive packages of Userflow to get the majority of the features.
- UserGuiding vs. WalkMe – WalkMe has changed its product direction to a fully enterprise-oriented one, and thus, stopped providing quick support and discounts for small-medium sized businesses. UserGuiding cares about all its customers and provides full support to all of them.
- UserGuiding vs. Intercom – Intercom’s product tours feature is a great idea, but yet too underdeveloped to be as functional as a full-fledged software adoption platform, such as UserGuiding.
- UserGuiding vs. Stonly – UserGuiding is both easy to use, and provides interactive guides to ensure an effective onboarding process. On the other hand, Stonly only provides tooltips with “next” buttons and requires high technical skills to fully use them.
Reason #5 – You can start for free right away, and see results in just a few weeks
I’m not joking when I say that you can go live with UserGuiding in under a day, and get back what you invested in under 6 months (according to the satisfaction reports by G2.)
Compared to some of the competitors of UserGuiding, these are the rest of the stats:
UserGuiding also offers free migration services for your in-app content created using other software to minimize your switching costs.
Schedule a demo with one of our experts or start your free trial now:
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should use UserGuiding?
Product and customer success managers along with UX designers should use UserGuiding to improve their user onboarding, product and feature adoption, and UX.
How much does UserGuiding cost?
UserGuiding’s Startup package costs $69/month while the Growth package with increase MAU and added features costs $299/month. The product also has a special offer for early-stage startups.
Are there any alternatives to UserGuiding?
Although UserGuiding has more features and better prices than its competitors, a few popular alternatives to the product are Appcues, Userpilot, and Pendo.