Setting company goals is great and all, but how can you be sure you are being effective in achieving them? Many companies use a task management method to monitor progress towards their goals through Objectives and Key Results (OKR). OKRs are a framework for helping teams focus on specific objectives and align toward them.
Management teams at many companies find that monitoring the progress of set goals is a lot easier using OKRs. OKRs help the entire team focus on strategic and ambitious goals and align those organizational objectives to priorities. In addition, OKR tools ensure everyone works together toward a common goal with goal metrics.
We have listed 12 OKR tracking tools if you want to organize your team and company goals. Using these powerful tools can align your team and set measurable goals.
What are OKR Tools?
OKR, or Objectives and Key Result, is a performance management tool popular with major businesses and corporations. OKRs are great at creating ambitious goals and monitoring measurable outcomes along with continuous performance management and goal metrics.
OKRs are a proven way to track and manage goals in an organization. OKR tracking tools’ productive features provide employees with critical insights into what their team should accomplish. Keeping track of your goals and progress is critical for making sure you stay on top of your employees’ performance and measure the outcomes of organizational objectives.
By setting weekly goals and real-time check-ins with built-in tools, you can better picture your achievements. Generally, companies use OKR tracking tools to align themselves under company-wide goals to achieve strategic objectives.
What Should I Look for in an OKR Tool?
OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) are one of the most effective ways to set and track goals in a company. However, it can be a lot of work to pick the right visualizations, list reports, templates with productive features, and internal tools.
If you’re looking for an OKR tool for performance management, there are a few things you should look for:
– The ability to set and track OKRs at every level of your organization.
– A productivity tool designed for collaboration so that team members can work together to build their own OKRs and advanced goal tracking.
– The tool you are using needs to help you with goal alignment by making it easy and intuitive to connect team goals and individual goals. Also, sharing updates on team goals and list reports are productive features of powerful performance management platforms.
– It should track progress to see whether or not you’re on track to achieve your goals.
– It has to integrate with other tools you use in your company.
– It should be in accordance with your budget and company size.
Top OKR Tools as of 2022
We have brought together 12 OKR tools and their productive features, pricing details, and G2 ratings. By comparing these tools, you can decide which one can work out for your team. Then, you can use an OKR tool to align your team’s productivity under company goals.
Koan is an OKR platform that is easy to use and adapt for beginners. It is one of the most used OKR tools and allows the entire team to work collaboratively. Creating weekly goals or updates on team goals that improve a business is possible. You can reflect on your progress and achievement at the end of a week. By using this excellent tool, it is possible to manage OKRs and status.
* You can have real-time insight into important issues. It combines human insights with hard numbers.
* By building strategic alignment, you can track metrics and progress in a practical way.
* Customizing OKR data and importing it to other BI tools can be helpful to assess your goal metrics.
Pricing: Free plan is available. The pro plan starts from $6 per month.
G2 Rating: 4.8/5
Lattice is a platform that focuses on people’s success. It has different tools and workflows which are designed to develop a company. Performance management and employee engagement can become practical and easy to track by using this powerful performance management tool.
* Platform content includes survey customization, employee pulse surveys, and goal and challenge creation.
* Performance benchmarking, list reports, and dashboards make it easier to track performance.
* Team OKR and individual OKR options can be useful for different needs. You can send updates on team goals to measure goal metrics.
* Thanks to its application programming interface, it integrates with Jira, Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Salesforce seamlessly.
Pricing: Starts from $8 per month. It is for only one user; premium plan details may vary if you want to share an account with others.
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
ClickUp brings task management and organizing together. It includes docs, goals, calendars, and inboxes, which can be useful to manage and organize your work to avoid chaos. Since it is a customizable tool, it can work out well for any kind of team.
* Task creation part of the task management app includes creation, assignment, drag and drop, and due dates features which allow you to stay organized.
* Task prioritization, list reports, and to-do lists are productive features that help you to have a better insight into your tasks.
* It integrates with Slack, GitHub, GitLab, Webhooks, Toggl, OneDrive, Figma, and many other platforms you can use for your business.
Pricing: Free-forever plan is available with limited access. Other plans start from $5 per member per month.
G2 Rating: 4.7/5
15Five’s15Five’s productive features help you focus on what is important and should be prioritized. Using 15Five, you can track OKR and set goals for your team and organization. Weekly check-ins are useful to organize your workload and see the outputs of your goal metrics.
* Employee segmenting and peer recognition features make it more functional.
* Goal and challenge creation and social feedback portal features are included in additional functionality elements.
* Reporting and dashboards are easy-to-use for beginners.
* The 1-on-1s agenda feature is helpful to evaluate data of real-time check-ins.
Pricing: It starts from $4 per user per month.
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
5. Leapsome Performance Management
Leapsome’s Performance Management software helps hybrid and remote teams save time and set smart goals and organizational objectives. For example, you can use employee data to trigger reviews set before. Also, this tool helps you to measure employee performance and development functionally.
* Since there are many expert templates for company goals, you can customize your own and save time.
* Detailed people analytics help you to have a better understanding of OKR tracking and advanced goal tracking.
* You can use team OKR and individual OKR features for goal creation.
* Feedback section includes continuous feedback, public praise, 1-on-1 meetings, and requesting feedback features.
* Monitoring data with dashboards and list reports are possible. You can easily measure the outcomes of your goal metrics with critical insights from this powerful performance management tool.
Pricing: It has a free 14-day trial if you want to try it out first. For premium plan details, you can contact the sales team.
G2 Rating: 4.9/5
Profit.co is an OKR tracking software that helps you to measure outcomes. It is an excellent tool for continuous performance management, organizational objectives, and advanced goal tracking. Using this powerful performance management platform, you can have critical insights and improve your brand.
* Bringing the whole team together to set their weekly goals is possible and easy to use for beginners. It can be used as a people management platform.
* Dashboards are useful to understand the organization’s or business’’ goals. Then, each person can easily see how they can contribute to these goals and company objectives.
* Provides critical insights with productive features such as advanced goal tracking in the application programming interface.
Pricing: Free plan is available and can be used by up to 5 users. The growth plan starts from $7 per user per month.
G2 Rating: 4.8/5
Hirebook assists teams in achieving productivity, growth, and empowerment. It allows you to get critical insights into teams, individuals, and different departments. In that way, you can set weekly goals and team objectives and measure outcomes.
* You can customize check-ins according to your needs. For example, setting check-ins by department or team can be useful.
* Removing blockers and solving problems can be possible by asking questions regularly.
* Data and trends of an organization can be analyzed with built-in tools.
* Weekly check-ins can give you critical insight into employee performance and updates on team goals.
Pricing: The business plan starts from $10 per month. For the enterprise plan’s pricing details, you can contact the sales team since the additional charges might be applied.
G2 Rating: 4.9/5
Gtmhub is an OKR software that helps you set individual and company goals. You can achieve your business goals by creating ambitious goals and tracking them with weekly check-ins. Also, you can measure the outcomes of your goals with this productivity tool that has advanced features.
* Custom dashboards include eye-pleasing and functional visualizations that you can track your data easily.
* The individual OKR feature helps to track advanced goal tracking and individual performance of your employees.
* With a well-made application programming interface, it integrates with more than 160 applications you can use for your business, including Basecamp, Chargebee, Google Analytics, Hubspot, Intercom, and Mailchimp.
Pricing: The start plan starts from $7 per month with limited access. The scale plan starts from $15 per month. For pricing details of the enterprise with a premium plan, you can contact the sales team.
G2 Rating: 4.7/5
Coda brings documents, spreadsheets, and apps together to organize your business. It helps to measure OKRs and track the data of your organization as well. Ready-to-use templates, which are great for beginners, can be customized according to your strategic planning.
* It assists users in seeing the big picture and tracking important details to plan OKRs.
* You can see your progress in different objectives in OKR tables. Also, you can send updates on team goals to employees when it is necessary.
Pricing: Free plan for the whole team is available. The pro plan starts from $10 per month per doc maker. The enterprise plan, which has advanced features, can be customized according to business needs and characteristics.
G2 Rating: 4.7/5
Mooncamp is an OKR software that focuses on organizing a workplace. With weekly check-ins and goal setting, you can improve your productivity and individual performance in a team. It is also great to keep up with daily tasks and measure outcomes with updates on team goals.
* Offers team OKR and individual OKR options. In that way, you can create measurable goals and see the current progress.
* Integrates with collaboration platforms and communication tools such as Slack and Microsoft Teams. Also, it integrates with data tools such as Google Analytics, Hubspot, Jira, Trello, and so on, thanks to its application pro.
* Editing and duplicating OKRs are easy and functional.
Pricing: It offers a free trial for 14 days. The business plan starts from $5 per user and month. The starter plan starts from $29 and can be used by teams of up to 10 users.
G2 Rating: 4.8/5
Ally.io is an OKR software with productive features. It helps remote teams in advanced goal tracking and continuous performance management. By using Ally.io, you can create OKR programs that are special to your business’ own needs to measure outcomes.
* Goal creation part includes both team OKR and individual OKR options so you can build strategic planning.
* It offers built-in onboarding tools, which makes adapting to the software easier.
* It integrates with communication tools like Slack, Jira, Teams, Wrike, and individual contributors can share updates on team goals.
Pricing: It offers a free trial for 14 days. The growth plan starts from $7 per month and can be used by 12 users. For the enterprise premium plan’s pricing details, you can contact sales since it can include additional charges.
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
Perdoo is an excellent tool that can be used for progress tracking and goal management. You can create a strategy map according to the aims and objectives of the entire company. In that way, creating measurable goals and advanced goal tracking become possible.
* Goal creation features include mind mapping and action item creation which makes it easy to master goal management.
* Drag and drop feature makes adjusting your goals very practical.
* Internal AI helps to build objectives that make sense with measurable outcomes.
Pricing: It includes a free forever plan which can be used by up to 10 users. The pro plan starts from $6.50 per month per user.
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the OKR approach?
OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) are a method for setting company-wide structured goals. They align key stakeholders to let them know how their effort will contribute to the company’s goals. They are also measurable and time-bound. By consistently tracking your team’s OKRs, you can improve your business. In that way, you’ll be able to see where your team performance is headed, measure progress, and identify areas for enhancements.
How is OKR different from KPI?
OKR helps you to set goals and measure outcomes with goal metrics, whereas KPI (key performance indicator) is a business metric. KPIs reflect performance and the things that should be analyzed in detail. Therefore, it can be said that OKR is a basic method of advanced goal tracking and KPIs are about performances.
How do I track OKR?
OKR software tools have productive features to measure your team’s performance and advanced goal tracking. As we have compiled in this post, there are many powerful performance management tools you can use to visualize and monitor goals. You can track OKR in your organization by OKR tracking software easily. Using team OKRs can be helpful for an executive team to measure outcomes and performance management within a company.