- HubSpot has been one of the names that rule the SaaS industry, and it is adopted by many sales, marketing, and support teams.
- No matter how capable it is, it might not be the most viable option for your team to run business processes—if that’s the case, then this list is for you.
- My top three are monday.com, Salesflare, and Salesforce since they combine CRM, marketing, and customer support efforts in one place.
In today’s world, many businesses notice the need for at least one powerful tool in their work lives.
For example, marketing teams fill this gap using a marketing automation platform, while sales teams prefer a customer relationship management tool to improve customer experience.
BUT it might be difficult to track all these tools, integrate the ones capable of such, and pay for each service individually.
That’s one of the reasons HubSpot owns the first spot—for providing a single platform to rule them all.
Still not your cup of tea? Well, I’ve prepared a list of alternatives for each category.
Check them all and see if there is one that checks all your objectives ✅
What is HubSpot?
HubSpot is an all-in-one solution that helps teams of all kinds improve and easily manage their workflow. It offers unique software products for marketing, sales, and customer support teams. Founded by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah in 2006, HubSpot has always been the talk of the town.
Why, you ask? It’s all due to the services that the HubSpot community thrives on: Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, CMS Hub, and Operations Hub.
These exceptional services make up HubSpot CRM; thus, HubSpot offers you a bundle called CRM Suite that includes all the tools above to enable working collaboratively and effectively on your business goals.
HubSpot CRM Suite has a long list of features, but to give you the main idea, here is what it enables in general:
- constant contact and keep track of everyone, who interacts with your business, in your contact lists
- tracking of each tendency and activity of your customer base with calls, emails, and more
- a clear view of unlimited contacts based on how further they have come in their journey, especially the sales funnel and marketing funnel
- integrations with other effective business tools to reach contacts, particularly throughout the sales process
- live chat to help your contacts’ issues and build long-lasting relationships
Then, let’s dig deeper into the more advanced features of HubSpot. Thanks to HubSpot CRM Suite’s key features, you can:
- utilize the premium versions of all software mentioned above
- start email marketing, create list segmentation, enable live chat, use bots, optimize mobile content, adopt contact management, employ email automation, form custom property—to attract the proper audience, increase conversions, and operate inbound marketing campaigns via HubSpot Marketing Hub
- enable customizable pricing plans, track email campaigns and get notifications, set up a shared inbox, obtain custom reports on sales activity, use email templates, allow sales automation—to close more deals, enhance customer interactions, and manage sales pipeline efficiently via HubSpot Sales Hub
- start ticketing, schedule emails, connect team email, document insights, integrate third-party apps, see email health data, switch channels, manage users, and make use of ticket automation features—to perform smooth onboarding, offer responsive customer support, and advance every stage of customer journey via HubSpot Service Hub
HubSpot CRM Suite Pricing
- Starter Plan: starts at $30/month when billed annually
- Professional Plan: starts at $1,600/month when billed annually
- Enterprise Plan: starts at $5,000/month when billed annually
HubSpot CRM Suite Reviews
“HubSpot is a great CRM for an organization of any size. Even if you have multiple product lines and a lot of custom information that needs to be saved. The UI is very easy to work with and as a new user, it took me very less time to figure out how to customize the flow of information.”
“Truthfully like any new program, you are using there is a steep learning curve. And people are generally averse to change. But in all my years of various business programs, this is the most intuitive. So what is to dislike?”
12 Alternatives to HubSpot for Different Teams
Here are the top 12 alternatives to HubSpot—all given with the areas they work best next to them so that you can easily choose one according to your teams’ needs:
I’ll go over each tool, their top features, how they compare to HubSpot, and helpful reviews listed on verified sites such as G2 and CapTerra.
Let’s start with one of the more flexible tools on the list:
1- monday.com – for CRM and team management
As a Work OS, monday.com has nothing that it cannot achieve. It brings departments together for a more collaborative workflow and ensures it works flawlessly. But when it comes to satisfying customers and providing them with support, monday.com does a spectacular job, too. Thus, it tops the list for being the best CRM and team management tool.
With monday.com as your customer relationship management tool, you can:
- unify and record communication with your customers
- track your sales pipeline, leads, and team performance with ease
- gather all your new and existing data in one place to obtain a better view
- create and use no-code automations in your workflow
- build a customer database according to the related customer information
- obtain beneficial insights to accelerate the sales process
- improve your contact and lead management
- customize the platform to suit your needs
The project management software that will actually work for your team
Manage simple to complex projects and everything in between with monday.com
- Free Plan: €0 (up to 2 seats)
- Basic Plan: €24/month when billed annually
- Standard Plan: €30/month when billed annually
- Pro Plan: €48/month when billed annually
- Enterprise Plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
“How quickly and effectively we can track and process critical company data including CRM, employee commissions, time off, employee information and tracking, social media posting schedule, and approvals. It’s essentially the easiest to use, and most simple as well out of all other data or information processing solutions.”
“Because of Monday extremely configurable nature, setting your workplace precisely the way you want it might take some effort. Fortunately, Monday.com offers more than enough tools to educate you how to make Monday your own.”
2- Salesflare – easy-to-use CRM tool for your customer management needs
Salesflare is a great option for ex-HubSpot users as the platforms do align on the concept of easiness – I could even say that Salesflare is still easier to use.
Having several robust features to help you excel at customer relationship management, Salesflare’s platform provides you with the following:
- single platform with user-friendly elements,
- visual depiction of your sales funnel,
- processes that enable team collaboration,
- task suggestions to help you continue where you left off,
- email and web tracking,
- lead scoring,
- bulk emails, and
- sales automations to save lots of time.
It has a lot more features that you can find and try out once you get in there, but the above are the reasons that this tool effortlessly makes this list as a HubSpot alternative.
Let me mention that this great tool offers a 30-day-long free trial, so, don’t believe me?
Just try it on your own.
- Growth Plan: $29/month per user when billed annually
- Pro Plan: $49/month per user when billed annually
- Enterprise Plan: $99/month per user when billed annually
*All the plans above include a 30-day free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
“SalesFlare is the best CRM I’ve ever used. It is really simple to use and has the essential features to bring your Marketing and Sales Team to another level. Workflows helped us to create the perfect alignment between Marketing and Sales.“
“Some features might be missing as tech software is relatively newer but the team is quick to respond by creating tickets for those.”
3- Salesforce Sales Cloud – all-in-one sales tool to manage your visual sales pipeline effortlessly
What Salesforce manages to do is enhance a platform that can run your business processes with sales features to ensure that your pipeline management is top of the class.
For business owners, this cheaper alternative might be adopted easier due to the fact that it has a suite of features that eliminates the need for hundreds of integrations and runs its own functions, such as:
- automations with a drag-and-drop builder to create a solid foundation for workflows,
- sales AI to personalize your sales product’s CRM,
- predictive forecasting to get better data insight with explanations, and
- sales analytics to close deals faster based on data intelligence.
Moreover, sales teams of big names, such as Canva and IBM, also use Salesforce to enable marketing and sales alignment together by utilizing the marketing channels as well.
- Starter Plan: €25/month per user when billed annually
- Professional Plan: €75/month per user when billed annually
- Enterprise Plan: €150/month per user when billed annually
- Unlimited Plan: €300/month per user when billed annually
*All the plans above include a 14-day free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
“Salesforce is so customizable that I can’t think of situations where you couldn’t configure the tool to do what you need. If Salesforce hasn’t developed the capability itself, there is a marketplace where anyone else can develop and upload their solution for others to use as well.”
“Some users may find the platform complex, especially during the initial setup and configuration. The extensive range of features and customization options can be overwhelming for new users.”
4- Zendesk – capable customer support features
Zendesk is a customer service and sales suite that has all the functions of a CRM plus capable customer support features.
Used by some of the most well-known tech companies such as Uber, Tesco, Siemens, and MailChimp for support operations, Zendesk has over 200K users worldwide. Zendesk can be a solid choice if you’re looking for a more specialized software for handling day-to-day support operations.
Compared to HubSpot Service Hub, Zendesk has more developed support features, and most users find Zendesk’s chat and chatbot features better.
Also, scaling your customer service operation with Zendesk is much more affordable than HubSpot’s plans.
- Suite Team Plan: $49/month per user when billed annually
- Suite Growth Plan: $79/month per user when billed annually
- Suite Professional Plan: $99/month per user when billed annually
- Suite Enterprise Plan: $150/month per user when billed annually
- It Gets Even More Powerful Plan: Starting from $215/month per user when billed annually
*All the plans above include a 30-day free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
“My company has used Zendesk Support for 10 years. Our customers are businesses and it allows the users to see their ticket history – Easy for agents to manage the ticket queues, see when new tickets come in and organize the outstanding tickets.”
“Honestly, this was one of the better experiences I have had with any online support. If I had to give any critique, I’d say to allow the chat bubble at the bottom of the screen to remain after refreshing the page or logging back in.”
5- Pipedrive – affordable alternative to driving lead generation to another level
Pipedrive offers so many great benefits to its users that it can serve as a lead generation, sales, and email marketing platform AT THE SAME TIME.
How popular customer relationship management software does this is no secret—it includes all the necessary basic features:
- visual sales pipeline,
- customizable pipeline,
- intuitive interface,
- activity reminders,
- advanced segmentation options,
- contact scoring and history,
- web forms,
- reporting, and
- revenue forecasting.
Another advantage of this affordable solution is that it provides teams with trackable documents that can be checked and notified when it’s opened and signed—which makes it easier for larger teams to take action immediately.
Plus, Pipedrive can serve as a marketing solution; it supports email marketing automation, marketing analytics, and inbound marketing automation to allow marketing departments to perform their best as a marketing product.
- Essential Plan: $12.50/month per user when billed annually
- Advanced Plan: $24.90/month per user when billed annually
- Professional Plan: $49.90/month per user when billed annually
- Power Plan: $59.90/month per user when billed annually
- Enterprise Plan: $74.90/month per user when billed annually
*All the plans above include a 14-day-long free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
“What I like the most about Pipedrive is that it is so easy to use. One does not need a lot of experience to be able to use Pipedrive and create contacts, leads, deals, or a sales pipeline.“
“One thing I do not like the most about Pipedrive is limited branding. Inasmuch as one can easily customize their Deals, Leads, and Pipeline, Pipedrive doesn’t have a lot of options to brand the platform to specific organization brand colors and logos.“
6- Freshsales – best for shortening your sales cycle
Freshsales is a customer relationship management tool that will be your guide to providing unlimited support.
Freshsales is home to many robust functions that will get you to focus on the best leads; these functions contain items regarding deals such as layout customization, workflows, sales sequences, and web forms. Creating and managing deals and contacts with Freshsales, you’ll see how efficient it has become to handle multiple sales pipelines.
With Freshsales as your CRM, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Attracting quality leads,
- driving deals with AI-powered insights,
- nurturing customer relationships,
- automating the sales process,
- forecasting sales via reports,
- managing pipelines,
- using built-in email, phone, chat, and many more.
Keep in mind that Freshsales offers a 21-day free trial; no credit card required!
Freshsales has a Free Plan that includes several main items.
And Freshsales has three paid plans (billed annually, which will change in price if you increase the number of contacts):
- Growth Plan: starting at $15/user per month
- Pro Plan: starting at $39/user per month
- Enterprise Plan: starting at $69/user per month
“It is a platform based on sales automation and to manage potential clients; it allows us to know the interaction of the clients, their marketing knowledge, and to know the value that it can have for the commercial processes.”
“Freshsales has limited dislike points because it is available at a cheaper rate so anybody can use it. Just 24/7 customer support system should need to be more active so the software will touch 10/10.”
7- GetResponse – create beautiful emails and automate marketing
GetResponse gets you responses, literally. Thus, it’s a great alternative to HubSpot’s Marketing Hub.
Containing automations to enhance the customer journey, GetResponse is home to a marketing automation builder that saves you time, helps you find new qualified leads, and convert them.
Moreover, it guarantees a platform that makes your sales funnel flow without any problems, and a long-lasting connection with your customers, thanks to your personalized content based on customer data.
With GetResponse as your all-in-one marketing software, you can:
- take your email marketing service to the next level by making use of features like email creator, autoresponders, email analytics, bulk emails, transactional emails, and list management
- build an online place to promote your own business via website builder with the help of features like AI-powered creator, predesigned templates, drag-and-drop editor, forms and popups, and domain management
- automate your workflow, thanks to tags and scores, automation flows, abandoned cart emails, website visitor tracking, and product recommendations
- hold webinars to attract your target audience by using screen sharing, call-to-action button, on-demand webinars, whiteboard, and polls and surveys
- make use of paid ads that call for social media integrations, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Google—all provided by GetResponse
- create landing pages that generate revenue, thanks to Facebook Pixel, signup forms, popups, countdown timer, and e-commerce tools
- be in constant contact with your audience to improve user experience by utilizing live chat that includes customization tools, chat availability, visitor capture forms, chat notifications, and chat analytics
- send automatic notifications to your visitors and keep track of the rates easily via custom prompts, unlimited notifications, web push analytics, and automated notifications
- get into SMS marketing and automate the whole process by using SMS editor, URL shortener, and SMS reports
- Free Plan: $0 (up to 500 contacts)
- Email Marketing Plan: $15.58/month when billed annually (up to 1,000 contacts)
- Marketing Automation Plan: $48.38/month when billed annually (up to 1,000 contacts)
- Ecommerce Marketing Plan: $97.58/month when billed annually (up to 1,000 contacts)
- Max Plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
*All the plans above include a 30-day-long free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
**The pricing structure above is based on 1,000 contacts only. GetResponse’s pricing plans alter according to the number of contacts you have—the more contacts you have, the more expensive the pricing plan gets.
“GetResponse is a very comprehensive, easy to use email marketing tool that has greatly boosted our online sales drastically. I like how this tool is able to deliver exceptional experience that convert online store visitors into returning customers.“
“Nothing. However, I hope that GetResponse will add more features, such as creating membership sites for online courses. That would be extremely helpful!”
8- MailChimp – promote your product via emails with ease
MailChimp is a marketing automation pioneer and a solid alternative to HubSpot’s marketing automation tool, Marketing Hub.
Especially if email marketing campaigns make up a significant part of your overall marketing strategy, MailChimp offers robust tools for creating beautiful emails that can be customized and personalized for maximum engagement.
Although MailChimp will help you reach out to your users with beautiful content, we can’t say it’s a contender as a CRM. MailChimp’s sales-related features will probably not be enough for sales teams looking to scale.
- Free Plan: $0
- Essentials Plan: starts at $13/month (for 500 contacts only)
- Standard Plan: starts at $20/month (for 500 contacts only)
- Premium Plan: starts at $350/month (for 500 contacts only)
“The best thing about MailChimp is it’s UI, User Interface. I used it for the first time when I was doing a digital marketing course and as a fresher and new to this service, believe me that it was very easy to understand and use.”
“While the builder makes things customizable, we wish there could be more custom building to make the emails more designed. We also would prefer to be able to manipulate where pictures go more.”
9- Intercom – build meaningful relationships with your customers
HubSpot can help you do thorough outreach to your marketing and sales leads, but, frankly, Intercom would be a more complete alternative when it comes to creating healthier relationships with your existing customers.
Firstly, Intercom has more options and functions when it comes to live chat and chatbots. You can create custom chatbots that are conversational, which can help you from marketing to support.
Next, Intercom has different add-ons that make it a complete customer engagement platform. For example, the product tours add-on lets you help your users get acquainted with your platform without needing a third-party interference.
And lastly, Intercom, when you compare per/contact pricing, is more affordable for small businesses than HubSpot, but unlike HubSpot, Intercom doesn’t have a free plan that you can try right now.
- Starter Plan: starting from $74/month per agent when billed annually
*As Intercom’s pricing structure isn’t revealed on its page, it might be a good idea to contact its sales team. On another note, it has a 14-day free trial for you to try before making any commitment.
“It is great to ensure the right people are involved in the right conversations. From my point of view and in my role in sales I am able to ensure that I get access to the right potential customers from an inbound perspective.”
“The way the available classes were listed in the Intercom Academy could use more structure. I found hard it hard to get an overview of what classes were available.”
10- ActiveCampaign – CRM focus with capable marketing features
ActiveCampaign is a sales and marketing automation tool that can replace HubSpot with its powerful CRM features.
In terms of sales automation and contact management, ActiveCampaign offers very similar features to HubSpot but lacks customer service features, so you’ll need to add a support software to your stack if you decide to switch to ActiveCampaign.
ActiveCampaign doesn’t have the CMS features of HubSpot, yet if you’re using HubSpot’s CMS just for landing pages, ActiveCampaign’s recent landing page builder feature can cover you for that.
And ActiveCampaign’s strong suit, as you can guess from the name, are email campaigns and email automations you can create with them, especially for sales and marketing teams.
- Starting price for ActiveCampaign is $19/month for the Plus Plan, paid annually, for 500 contacts.
- Professional Plan costs $49/month, paid annually, with the landing page builder, landing page templates, and advanced CRM functions.
- And Enterprise Plan‘s cost isn’t revealed; thus, it’s better to contact sales.
“I love the automation, they’ve been so helpful in segmenting our subscribers and sending targeted information directly. I also love how easy it was to move over to the platform – they handled moving all of my information and even created my templates within the platform for me.”
“Does it send emails? Yes. Does it have live chat? Yes. Do they have a support team? Yes. Is any of it easy to use or helpful? Never. ActiveCampaign falls far behind similarly priced competitors.”
11- Brevo – free marketing tool with to benefit from marketing automation features
Brevo is a platform that offers customizable sales pipelines with affordable pricing for sales reps.
Let me go in detail about Brevo: First of all, it delivers its services to unlimited contacts. How many people you reach out to doesn’t matter — what matters the most is the number of emails you will be sending out.
Secondly, it is a three-in-one kind of platform, which is able to handle support, marketing, and sales operations altogether – just like HubSpot.
The third and one of the most important aspects, especially for small businesses: pricing options. This tool is an affordable all-in-one marketing tool that is here to improve your conversion rates while helping teams with sales pipeline management.
Truth to be told, this tool isn’t as capable as HubSpot NOR does it offer the same free services, yet if you’re a small business or a startup, it would make a great starting point for your business processes.
- Free Plan: $0/month (unlimited contacts with 300 emails/day)
- Starter Plan: $25/month (starting from 20K emails/month with unlimited contacts)
- Business Plan: $65/month (starting from 20K emails/month with unlimited contacts)
- BrevoPlus Plan: Custom quote; please contact BrevoPlus’ sales team for more information.
“Brevo Marketing Platform offers a free plan with a limited number of daily email sends but unlimited contacts, which is very useful for me. The setup was really easy.”
“There are too many templates already imported or are available on this platform for easy advertising content creation, but they are not able to be uploaded on all the marketing platforms.”
12- Marketo – good email marketing platform for user experience improvement
Marketo is the marketing platform of Adobe, which works wonders as a HubSpot marketing alternative.
Implemented by business sizes of all, this advanced tool includes multiple customizable templates to improve marketing emails’ both quality and style. These templates involve several elements, including rich text, videos, images, and snippets.
In addition to beautiful emails, Marketo also manages to help teams with lead management so that they can segment the target audience well when benefitting from inbound and outbound marketing business process automations.
All teams need to do is fill in custom fields for segmentation and track crucial metrics and KPIs to keep up with the process.
- Growth Plan: Custom quote; please contact Marketo’s sales team for more information (10 users).
- Select Plan: Custom quote; please contact Marketo’s sales team for more information (25 users).
- Prime Plan: Custom quote; please contact Marketo’s sales team for more information (25 users).
- Ultimate Plan: Custom quote; please contact Marketo’s sales team for more information (25 users).
“It is also important to reinforce the stability of the templates as they tend to break easily, generating a certain instability in this department.”
So, the top HubSpot competitors to better match your sales, support, and/or marketing efforts are:
➡️ monday.com for more efficient sales processes with robust CRM and task management features,
➡️ Salesflare if what you’re looking for is a solid CRM platform with a user-friendly interface,
➡️ Salesforce if you need to visualize your sales pipeline and make use of sales AI,
➡️ Zendesk for creating more capable knowledge bases and customer support processes,
➡️ Pipedrive if what you’re looking for is a platform that combines sales automation and marketing efforts together,
➡️ Freshsales if you’re looking for a platform with robust features to shorten your sales cycle,
➡️ GetResponse if your marketing campaigns depend heavily on email campaigns and the quality of email contents,
➡️ MailChimp for building a connection with your audience via emails,
➡️ Intercom for establishing valuable and profitable relationships with your users,
➡️ ActiveCampaign for a more affordable CRM and marketing automation platform.
➡️ Brevo if you’re looking for an affordable option with fewer features compared to HubSpot.
➡️ Marketo to fulfill teams’ marketing needs, especially for big companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is HubSpot’s biggest competitor?
HubSpot’s biggest competitors are: Salesforce for Sales Hub and CRM, MailChimp for email campaigns and marketing automation, Zendesk for customer support, and Intercom for customer engagement and service.
Is there a better CRM than HubSpot?
Freshsales, monday.com, and GetResponse have strong points compared to HubSpot and might suit your team’s needs better depending on your industry, business model, and goals.
Is there a better marketing automation software than HubSpot?
With more advanced features in terms of email automation and campaign management, GetResponse, Freshsales, and ActiveCampaign can be solid alternatives to HubSpot’s marketing automation software.