In today’s world, many businesses notice the need for at least one powerful tool in their work lives.
For example, marketing teams fill this gap using a marketing automation platform, while sales teams prefer a customer relationship management tool to improve customer experience.
BUT it might be difficult to track all these tools, integrate the ones capable of such, and pay for each service individually.
That’s one of the reasons HubSpot owns the first spot—for providing a single platform to rule them all.
Still not your cup of tea? Well, I’ve prepared a list of alternatives for each category.
Check them all and see if there is one that checks all your objectives ✅
What is HubSpot?
HubSpot is an all-in-one solution that helps teams of all kinds improve and easily manage their workflow. It offers unique software products for marketing, sales, and customer support teams. Founded by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah in 2006, HubSpot has always been the talk of the town.
Why, you ask? It’s all due to the services that the HubSpot community thrives on: Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, CMS Hub, and Operations Hub.
These exceptional services make up HubSpot CRM; thus, HubSpot offers you a bundle called CRM Suite that includes all the tools above to enable working collaboratively and effectively on your business goals.
HubSpot CRM Suite has a long list of features, but to give you the main idea, here is what it enables in general:
- constant contact and keep track of everyone, who interacts with your business, in your contact lists
- tracking of each tendency and activity of your customer base with calls, emails, and more
- a clear view of unlimited contacts based on how further they have come in their journey, especially the sales funnel and marketing funnel
- integrations with other effective business tools to reach contacts, particularly throughout the sales process
- live chat to help your contacts’ issues and build long-lasting relationships
Then, let’s dig deeper into the more advanced features of HubSpot. Thanks to HubSpot CRM Suite’s key features, you can:
- utilize the premium versions of all software mentioned above
- start email marketing, create list segmentation, enable live chat, use bots, optimize mobile content, adopt contact management, employ email automation, form custom property—to attract the proper audience, increase conversions, and operate inbound marketing campaigns via HubSpot Marketing Hub
- enable customizable pricing plans, track email campaigns and get notifications, set up a shared inbox, obtain custom reports on sales activity, use email templates, allow sales automation—to close more deals, enhance customer interactions, and manage sales pipeline efficiently via HubSpot Sales Hub
- start ticketing, schedule emails, connect team email, document insights, integrate third-party apps, see email health data, switch channels, manage users, and make use of ticket automation features—to perform smooth onboarding, offer responsive customer support, and advance every stage of customer journey via HubSpot Service Hub
HubSpot CRM Suite Pricing
- Starter plan: starts at $45/month when billed annually
- Professional plan: starts at $1,600/month when billed annually
- Enterprise plan: starts at $5,000/month when billed annually
HubSpot CRM Suite Reviews
“Hubspot is a great CRM for an organization of any size. Even if you have multiple product lines and a lot of custom information that needs to be saved. The UI is very easy to work with and as a new user, it took me very less time to figure out how to customize the flow of information. The workflows that one can build allow for a lot of automation and is very easy to set up. The platform integrates well with forms on our website and has its own toolset for marketing so we have implemented Hubspot for both sales and marketing teams. Vitally, Hubspot has been useful in helping us individually track different channels of inbound leads.”
“Truthfully like any new program, you are using there is a learning curve. And people are generally averse to change. But in all my years of various business programs, this is the most intuitive. So what is to dislike?”
7 Alternatives to HubSpot for Different Teams
Here are the top 7 alternatives to HubSpot—all given with the areas they work best next to them so that you can easily choose one according to your teams’ needs:
I’ll go over each tool, their top features, how they compare to HubSpot, and helpful reviews listed on verified sites such as G2 and CapTerra.
Let’s start with one of the more flexible tools on the list:
1- monday.com – for CRM and team management
As a Work OS, monday.com has nothing that it cannot achieve. It brings departments together for a more collaborative workflow and ensures it works flawlessly. But when it comes to satisfying customers and providing them with support, monday.com does a spectacular job, too. Thus, it tops the list for being the best CRM and team management tool.
With monday.com as your customer relationship management tool, you can:
- unify and record communication with your customers
- track your sales pipeline, leads, and team performance with ease
- gather all your new and existing data in one place to obtain a better view
- create and use no-code automations in your workflow
- build a customer database according to the related customer information
- obtain beneficial insights to accelerate the sales process
- improve your contact and lead management
- customize the platform to suit your needs
- Free CRM plan: €0 (up to 2 seats)
- Basic CRM plan: €10/user per month when billed annually
- Standard CRM plan: €14/user per month when billed annually
- Pro CRM plan: €24/user per month when billed annually
- Enterprise plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
“How quickly and effectively we can track and process critical company data including CRM, employee commissions (with included formula columns), time off, employee information and tracking, social media posting schedule and approvals, time-off requests and approvals. It’s essentially the easiest to use, and most simple as well out of all other data or information processing solutions.”
“Because of Monday extremely configurable nature, setting your workplace precisely the way you want it might take some effort. Fortunately, Monday.com offers more than enough tools to educate you how to make Monday your own.”
2- GetResponse – create beautiful emails and automate marketing
GetResponse gets you responses, literally. Thus, it’s a great alternative to HubSpot’s Marketing Hub.
Containing automations to enhance the customer journey, GetResponse is home to a marketing automation builder that saves you time, helps you find new qualified leads, and convert them.
Moreover, it guarantees a platform that makes your sales funnel flow without any problems, and a long-lasting connection with your customers, thanks to your personalized content based on customer data.
With GetResponse as your all-in-one marketing software, you can:
- take your email marketing service to the next level by making use of features like email creator, autoresponders, email analytics, bulk emails, transactional emails, and list management
- build an online place to promote your own business via website builder with the help of features like AI-powered creator, predesigned templates, drag-and-drop editor, forms and popups, and domain management
- automate your workflow, thanks to tags and scores, automation flows, abandoned cart emails, website visitor tracking, and product recommendations
- hold webinars to attract your target audience by using screen sharing, call-to-action button, on-demand webinars, whiteboard, and polls and surveys
- make use of paid ads that call for social media integrations, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Google—all provided by GetResponse
- create landing pages that generate revenue, thanks to Facebook Pixel, signup forms, popups, countdown timer, and e-commerce tools
- be in constant contact with your audience to improve user experience by utilizing live chat that includes customization tools, chat availability, visitor capture forms, chat notifications, and chat analytics
- send automatic notifications to your visitors and keep track of the rates easily via custom prompts, unlimited notifications, web push analytics, and automated notifications
- get into SMS marketing and automate the whole process by using SMS editor, URL shortener, and SMS reports
- Free plan: $0 (up to 500 contacts)
- Email marketing plan: $15.58/month when billed annually (up to 1,000 contacts)
- Marketing Automation plan: $48.38/month when billed annually (up to 1,000 contacts)
- Ecommerce Marketing plan: $97.58/month when billed annually (up to 1,000 contacts)
- Max plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
*All the plans above include a 30-day-long free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
**The pricing structure above is based on 1,000 contacts only. GetResponse’s pricing plans alter according to the number of contacts you have—the more contacts you have, the more expensive the pricing plan gets.
“GetResponse is a very comprehensive, easy to use email marketing tool that has greatly boosted our online sales drastically. I like how this tool is able to deliver exceptional experience that convert online store visitors into returning customers. Enables us to interact with our audience and nurture leads with targeted online marketing communication that encourages long-term loyalty and engagement. I like how it’s able to find new customers and build our email list with lead generation tools that turn anonymous connection into loyal customers.”
“Nothing. However, I hope that GetResponse will add more features, such as creating membership sites for online courses. That would be extremely helpful!”
3- Freshsales – best for shortening your sales cycle
Freshsales is a customer relationship management tool that will be your guide to providing unlimited support.
Freshsales is home to many robust functions that will get you to focus on the best leads; these functions contain items regarding deals such as layout customization, workflows, sales sequences, and web forms. Creating and managing deals and contacts with Freshsales, you’ll see how efficient it has become to handle multiple sales pipelines.
With Freshsales as your CRM, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Attracting quality leads,
- driving deals with AI-powered insights,
- nurturing customer relationships,
- automating the sales process,
- forecasting sales via reports,
- managing pipelines,
- using built-in email, phone, chat, and many more.
Keep in mind that Freshsales offers a 21-day free trial; no credit card required!
Freshsales has a Free Plan that includes several main items.
And Freshsales has three paid plans (billed annually, which will change in price if you increase the number of contacts):
- Growth Plan – starting at $15/user per month
- Pro Plan – starting at $39/user per month
- Enterprise Plan – starting at $69/user per month
“It is a platform based on sales automation and to manage potential clients; it allows us to know the interaction of the clients, their marketing knowledge, and to know the value that it can have for the commercial processes, and this helps us to know everything about the clients, potential customers and helps to find new customers, apart from offering features to establñish a better use, it contains a well-structured calendar, personalized chats, sales arguments and updates with an administrator for the campaigns, it also has a very affordable cost with a time of proper use which means that you can use the system for you needs more often.”
“Freshsales has limited dislike points because it is available at a cheaper rate so anybody can use it. Just 24/7 customer support system should need to be more active so the software will touch 10/10.”
4- Zendesk – capable customer support features
Zendesk is a customer service and sales suite that has all the functions of a CRM plus capable customer support features.
Used by some of the most well-known tech companies such as Uber, Tesco, Siemens, and MailChimp for support operations, Zendesk has over 200K users worldwide. Zendesk can be a solid choice if you’re looking for a more specialized software for handling day-to-day support operations.
Compared to Hubspot Service Hub, Zendesk has more developed support features, and most users find Zendesk’s chat and chatbot features better.
Also, scaling your customer service operation with Zendesk is much more affordable than Hubspot’s plans.
- Suite Team: $49/month per user when billed annually
- Suite Growth: $79/month per user when billed annually
- Suite Professional: $99/month per user when billed annually
- Suite Enterprise: $150/month per user when billed annually
*All the plans above include a 30-day free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
“My company has used Zendesk Support for 10 years. Our customers are businesses and it allows the users to see their ticket history – Easy for agents to manage the ticket queues, see when new tickets come in and organize the outstanding tickets in a way that makes it easier to manage. It also has integration with our Atlassian Jira which is helpful in escalating tickets to our Data Center team or engineering.”
“Honestly, this was one of the better experiences I have had with any online support. If I had to give any critique, I’d say to allow the chat bubble at the bottom of the screen to remain after refreshing the page or logging back in, especially if there is an active conversation going. Or if a message comes through, to have a little chime or notification pop up.”
5- MailChimp – promote your product via emails with ease
MailChimp is a marketing automation pioneer and a solid alternative to HubSpot’s marketing automation tool, Marketing Hub.
Especially if email marketing campaigns make up a significant part of your overall marketing strategy, MailChimp offers robust tools for creating beautiful emails that can be customized and personalized for maximum engagement.
Although MailChimp will help you reach out to your users with beautiful content, we can’t say it’s a contender as a CRM. MailChimp’s sales-related features will probably not be enough for sales teams looking to scale.
Free plan: $0
Essentials: starts at $11/month (for 500 contacts only)
Standard plan: starts at $17/month (for 500 contacts only)
Premium plan: starts at $299/month (for 500 contacts only)
“The best thing about MailChimp is it’s UI, User Interface. I used it for the first time when I was doing a digital marketing course and as a fresher and new to this service, believe me that it was very easy to understand and use. That’s the most important for me , ease of use. And also we can customise and import our own templates.”
“While the builder makes things customizable, we wish there could be more custom building to make the emails more designed. We also would prefer to be able to manipulate where pictures go more.”
6- Intercom – build meaningful relationships with your customers
HubSpot can help you do thorough outreach to your marketing and sales leads, but, frankly, Intercom would be a more complete alternative when it comes to creating healthier relationships with your existing customers.
Firstly, Intercom has more options and functions when it comes to live chat and chatbots. You can create custom chatbots that are conversational, which can help you from marketing to support.
Next, Intercom has different add-ons that make it a complete customer engagement platform. For example, the product tours add-on lets you help your users get acquainted with your platform without needing a third-party interference.
And lastly, Intercom, when you compare per/contact pricing, is more affordable for small businesses than HubSpot, but unlike HubSpot, Intercom doesn’t have a free plan that you can try right now.
- Starter plan: starting from $74/month per agent when billed annually
*As Intercom’s pricing structure isn’t revealed on its page, it might be a good idea to contact its sales team. On another note, it has a 14-day free trial for you to try before making any commitment.
“It is great to ensure the right people are involved in the right conversations. From my point of view and in my role in sales I am able to ensure that I get access to the right potential customers from an inbound perspective.”
“The way the available classes were listed in the Intercom Academy could use more structure. I found hard it hard to get an overview of what classes were available.”
7- ActiveCampaign – CRM focus with capable marketing features
ActiveCampaign is a sales and marketing automation tool that can replace HubSpot with its powerful CRM features.
In terms of sales automation and contact management, ActiveCampaign offers very similar features to HubSpot but lacks customer service features, so you’ll need to add a support software to your stack if you decide to switch to ActiveCampaign.
ActiveCampaign doesn’t have the CMS features of HubSpot, yet if you’re using HubSpot’s CMS just for landing pages, ActiveCampaign’s recent landing page builder feature can cover you for that.
And ActiveCampaign’s strong suit, as you can guess from the name, are email campaigns and email automations you can create with them, especially for sales and marketing teams.
- Starting price for ActiveCampaign is $9/month for the Lite plan, paid annually, for 500 contacts.
- Plus plan costs $49/month, paid annually, with the landing page builder, landing page templates, and advanced CRM functions.
- And Professional plan costs $149/month, paid annually, with advanced personalization and additional AI tools.
“I love the automation, they’ve been so helpful in segmenting our subscribers and sending targeted information directly. I also love how easy it was to move over to the platform – they handled moving all of my information and even created my templates within the platform for me.”
“Does it send emails? Yes. Does it have live chat? Yes. Do they have a support team? Yes. Is any of it easy to use or helpful? Never. ActiveCampaign falls far behind similarly priced competitors.”
So, top HubSpot competitors to better match your sales, support, and/or marketing efforts are:
➡️ monday.com for more efficient sales processes with robust CRM and task management features,
➡️ GetResponse if your marketing campaigns depend heavily on email campaigns and the quality of email contents,
➡️ Freshsales if you’re looking for a platform with robust features to shorten your sales cycle,
➡️ Intercom for establishing valuable and profitable relationships with your users,
➡️ Zendesk for creating more capable knowledge bases and customer support processes,
➡️ MailChimp for building a connection with your audience via emails,
➡️ ActiveCampaign for a more affordable CRM and marketing automation platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is HubSpot’s biggest competitor?
HubSpot’s biggest competitors are: Salesforce for Sales Hub and CRM, MailChimp for email campaigns and marketing automation, Zendesk for customer support, and Intercom for customer engagement and service.
Is there a better CRM than HubSpot?
Freshsales, monday.com, and GetResponse have strong points compared to Hubspot and might suit your team’s needs better depending on your industry, business model, and goals.
Is there a better marketing automation software than Hubspot?
With more advanced features in terms of email automation and campaign management, GetResponse, Freshsales, and ActiveCampaign can be solid alternatives to Hubspot’s marketing automation software.