From the hiring process, employee onboarding, and scheduling to compliance and benefits, HR systems can run like clockwork with the right technology. Without it, it’s all a hassle and unnecessary work for everyone in the software industry.
What if an employee asks for information about their vacation days or employee benefits or wants to view an old paycheck stub from employee records?
It all comes down to the automation feature of human resource management systems—whose competitive advantage is making workforce management relatively easy by existing in a core HR software platform that helps a wide range of manual tasks, administrative tasks, and daily HR tasks, such as document management.
Making the HR workflows easier for both the human resources department and human resources managers, cloud-based software has become an indispensable part of every business.
These tools single-handedly help;
- reduce the possible bottlenecks in the workflows,
- increase efficiency,
- improve employee performance,
- track employee development through the employee portal,
- contain employee performance reviews,
- and enhance employee experience.
If you want to jump on board with millions of other companies that leverage Human Resources software but don’t know which ones to pick, we got you covered. Stick with us to find out the ideal HR software for HR department managers!
Here is what you will find about HR software in this article:
- What is HR Software
- Benefits of using HR Software
- Features of Human Resource Management Software
- Best 26 HR Software (Best HRMS Software
But before that, let’s see what HR management software is and what it does.
What is an HR Management Software?
Human Resource Software or Human Resources Management System (HRMS) or Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is a digital solution that combines several systems and processes to manage and optimize daily HR tasks and the overall HR goals of a given organization. Using the right HR software, you can save valuable time and energy in your processes.
Types of HR Software
There are different types of HR software that serve organizations to reach different goals. Some of them are given below with their key features:
1️⃣ Applicant Tracking System (ATS): An ATS is a recruiting software for HR that simplifies an organization’s hiring process. It typically manages tasks such as storing job applicant data, posting job openings to multiple job boards, and screening applications for potential matches to positions while lowering recruiting costs.
2️⃣ Performance Management: A performance management platform is designed for HR professionals, managers, and employees to evaluate employee skills, set performance goals, and track their improvements to urge employee training.
3️⃣ Onboarding: An onboarding software enables streamlining and tracking of the process of introducing new hires to an organization. It typically includes electronic signatures, training tracking, employee questionnaires, and other automated functions to ensure the HR team provides an efficient onboarding experience to new employees.
4️⃣ Human Resources Information System (HRIS): An HRIS provides multiple HR functions such as recruiting and tracking applicants, managing payroll and benefits, storing employee data and employee profiles, maintaining regulatory and legal requirements, etc.
An HRIS can be a single software that you can integrate with additional HR applications, or it might be the central database in an all-in-one HR software system.
5️⃣ Employee Engagement: A platform that helps improve individual and team engagement. Employee engagement is achieved through feedback, coaching, analytics, and everyday work priorities.
Benefits of HR Software
Thanks to artificial intelligence, Human Resource Management solutions have various benefits, but one of the biggest ones is reducing the time spent on repetitive and low-impact administration tasks. This way, HR departments can focus more on other long-term strategic responsibilities.
Other major benefits of HR software systems include:
- More streamlined processes,
- Reduced errors,
- Employee tracking,
- Continuous constructive feedback,
- Better and more accurate analytics,
- More optimal organization of documents and employee data,
- Ensuring organizations stay compliant with federal regulations,
- and improvements in succession planning.
Major Human Resource Management Software Features
We must clear one thing; there is no one-size-fits-all HR software. Different industries and businesses face different challenges in their HR departments.
While some companies want something robust and stable for payroll and benefits, others look for a dependable system to recruit, hire, track, and onboard thousands of new employees each month.
However, specific core features are expected from an ideal HR software, which can guide you when choosing the most ideal human resources software for your business. Consider your organization’s situation and assess what you need and expect from HR software since larger businesses might prefer one online HR system that midsized businesses wouldn’t.
Here are the major features that help to find the best HR software that can make a positive impact on your workflow:
➡️ Payroll and Benefits Administration
Most HR software solutions include payroll and benefits. They allow you to run payroll directly through the platform.
Note that since HR and payroll are often inseparable, most HR managers look for an all-in-one solution that includes both.
If you already have a payroll solution that you are happy with, we suggest you search for HR software that can integrate with your payroll system. It would be more convenient for your employees and HR team to access all from a single platform.
One of the biggest eases HR software provides is automating repetitive tasks to increase efficiency.
Look for software that automates and eliminates manual labor. For example, some HR tools automate time-off tracking, taxes, and more. You will save a lot of money and time in the long run.
➡️ Company Size (Small/Medium/Entrepreneur)
Another factor that can help you find the best fit HR software for your organization is considering your business size.
HR needs changes based on employee numbers and company size. For example, a small business with 15 employees won’t have the exact HR needs of an enterprise with 2,000 employees.
Larger organizations may have more complex HR needs and require more features from HR software. On the other hand, small businesses often don’t need all of the features offered by some of the complex HR solutions.
Also, don’t forget that many platforms charge per employee per month.
➡️ Mobile Access
This one is straightforward: Best HR software has a free mobile app.
This app can be used on the employee side to use the self-service tools we have mentioned before. Also, it can be beneficial on the administrative side.
A mobile app for HR software makes some responsibilities no longer tied to a physical office. HR managers can view, manage, track, and complete tasks in real-time from anywhere.
Employee self-service portal is a must-have in today’s world.
It allows the staff to access crucial information without having to call, email, text, or visit the HR department. It’s a total time-saver on both the employee and administration sides.
Lastly, make sure the HR software you choose aligns with your goals and meets the challenges you face.
Now, let’s check the best HR software that suits your needs the most one by one with their key functions present.
26 Best HR Software for HR Managers (with Reviews)
Below, you’ll find 26 great Human Resources Management solutions to serve as the main platform that streamlines all of your HR processes, but first, let me present you our top 10—all divided into categories with brief overviews in order to help you look into the ones you consider is the best for your business:
- monday.com – The best in the industry to manage employees (with templates to collect data) for HR professionals
- Papaya Global – Payroll OS that unifies HR and finance processes to endorse a global workforce
- Deel – Free HR platform combines workforce, payroll, and EOR to create a seamless experience for HR teams
- Remofirst – International HRIS that simplifies HR procedures to excel at global team management (in 160+ countries)
- Multiplier – EOR tool that improves recruitment management to scale your employment efforts with a transparent price range
- Paychex – The most professional service in the U.S. with key features to aid HR, payroll, and benefits processes
- Rippling – The most competent HR software solution for global and international teams to adopt for facilitating daily HR tasks
- BambooHR – Complete HRIS software with intuitive UI and connected workflows for both small and medium businesses
- Bambee –The best HR system that provides you with a dedicated HR manager to facilitate building your HR policies together
- ADP Workforce Now – The best human resources management tool that simplifies custom workflows to optimize HR checklists
1. monday.com – The best in the industry to manage employees (with templates to collect data) for HR professionals
monday.com is an open platform that makes it easier for HR managers to build custom solutions for their team’s needs. Thus, this ultimate software has been praised by many human resources managers for its clean UI, simple system, and engaging core HR functions.
You can track the recruitment process of candidates and onboard new employees with pre-made templates. Besides, you can integrate monday.com with Gmail and 50+ tools to manage all your workflows seamlessly.
In terms of features, this HR management software meets all the necessary ones, including:
- Employee onboarding,
- 360-degree feedback with features,
- Performance management, payroll management, and workforce management,
- Self-service portal,
- Applicant tracking,
- Data visualization with a lot of charts to choose from,
- Benefits, time off, compensation, and recruitment management,
- Employee scheduling throughout the entire employee lifecycle,
- Integrations with several payroll software, which enable you to perform a payroll run automation.
⭐ monday.com Capterra Rating: 4.6 (out of 4385 reviews)
- Free CRM Plan: €0 (up to 2 seats).
- Basic CRM Plan: €8/user per month when billed annually.
- Standard CRM Plan: €10/user per month when billed annually.
- Pro CRM Plan: €16/user per month when billed annually.
- Enterprise Plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
The project management software that will actually work for your team
Manage simple to complex projects and everything in between with monday.com
2. Papaya Global – Payroll OS that unifies HR and finance processes to endorse a global workforce
Papaya Global is a digital solution that eliminates HR teams’ payroll worries due to its robust key functions, including self-service tools.
Apart from the features that help teams with daily HR tasks, this cloud-based platform shines the most, thanks to its self-service features.
What do self-service features include?
Budget tracking 💯
AI engines 💯
Automated payslip delivery 💯
Smart compliance engine 💯
Real-time reports 💯
PTO, documents, sign-offs in self-service portal 💯
Approval chains 💯
Also, employees can easily check and manage their data and documents using this EOR platform’s mobile application without losing a minute on the road.
⭐ Papaya Global Capterra Rating: 4.5 (out of 28 reviews)
Papaya Global Pricing
- Full-Service Payroll Plan: Starting from $12/month per employee.
- Payroll Platform License Plan: Starting from $3/month per employee.
- Data and Insights Platform License Plan: Starting from $150/month per location.
- Payments-as-a-Service Plan: Starting from $3/month per employee.
- Employer of Record Plan: Starting from $650/month per employee.
- Contractor Management Plan: Starting from $2/month per contractor.
- Global Expertise Services Plan: Starting from $190/month per employee.
3. Deel – Free HR platform combines workforce, payroll, and EOR to create a seamless experience for HR teams
Deel is an HR and payroll solution for all sizes of businesses.
It could even go by as a resource management tool since HR teams can track all processes from project progress to project updates.
What does it do?
From enterprise resource planning to resource scheduling, this HR workforce platform aids more than 15,000 teams ever since the day it was founded. Moreover, it’s capable of organizing all of your workload regarding HR tasks with functions, including:
- people inventory,
- org charts,
- personal profiles,
- onboarding and offboarding,
- time off and expenses,
- custom permissions,
- data logs,
Thus, HR project managers’ favorite platform is soon to be Deel – in more than 150 countries.
⭐Deel Capterra Rating: 4.7 (out of 494 reviews)
- Deel HR Plan: It offers a free plan for businesses with up to 200 employees.
- Contractors Plan: Starting from $49/month.
- EOR Plan: Starting from $599/month.
- Global Payroll Plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
- Immigration Plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
4. Remofirst – International HRIS that simplifies HR procedures to excel at global team management (in 160+ countries)
Remofirst is a complete EOR solution that comes with one great benefit: With this cloud-based platform, HR teams can run an entire process of any HR-related matter, from attendance management to job descriptions.
For the recruitment process, the platform is just as easy to use as it seems—all you have to do is provide the details of your candidate. Remofirst will:
- calculate the cost of employment for your candidate,
- onboard your new hire according to your guidelines,
- handle the local compliances and admin work.
That’s not all, of course.
This platform offers 24/7 customer service for international employees, enabling employees to easily be onboarded on the same day of hiring.
⭐ Remofirst Capterra Rating: 5.0 (out of 2 reviews)
- Employer of Record Plan: Starting from $199/month per employee.
- Contractors Plan: Starting from $25/month per contractor.
5. Multiplier – EOR tool that improves recruitment management to scale your employment efforts with a transparent price range
Being a fully capable EOR (employer of record), Multiplier has a user-friendly interface that makes employee data management super easy, especially thanks to its employee database ⭐
But first, let’s talk about the people that fill the database: employees.
This cloud-based solution allows HR teams to publish job postings to encourage an organizational structure to take place in remote teams particularly.
Moving on, it’s programmed to facilitate the entire process; thus, it’ll take initiative when it comes to rather difficult parts. For example, this all-in-one solution generates contracts that fit each country’s laws to run compliance management and records each step along the way for exemplary document management.
One last thing, this digital solution offers payroll services in 120 currencies to support remote teams without any hassle.
⭐ Multiplier Capterra Rating: 4.7 (out of 41 reviews)
- Employer of Record Plan: Starting from $400/month.
- Independent Contractors Plan: Starting from $40/month.
- Global Payroll Plan: Custom quote; please contact Multiplier’s sales team for more information.
- Immigration Plan: Custom quote; please contact Multiplier’s sales team for more information.
6. Paychex – The most professional service in the U.S. with key features to aid HR, payroll, and benefits processes
Paychex is a scalable HR software tool that can be a great choice for remote teams.
As the only source of truth, this single platform involves several core features to bring out your A-game in HRMS; some of these features are as follows:
👉 daily HR task management and advice from your dedicated HR advisor,
👉 client onboarding support to enhance the user experience,
👉 native mobile application that specializes in HR and payroll services,
👉 time, attendance, and resource scheduling that’s connected to the employee directory,
👉 real-time insights that can drive team collaboration for actions to perform together.
Thanks to the features this human capital management system offers, HR teams can effortlessly operate on multiple processes, from resource planning to continuous feedback.
For instance, you can check how much money is allocated for future projects via resource planning, create custom workflows to suit your business activities, and make use of additional features that you might need by talking to your HR advisor 24/7.
⭐Paychex Capterra Rating: 4.1 (out of 1454 reviews)
Paychex has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
7. Rippling – The most competent HR software solution for global and international teams to adopt for facilitating daily HR tasks
Rippling gets on our list as #8 ’cause it has one of the most important elements an HR software should have: Ease of use.
Alongside being easy to use, Rippling serves all operations on a silver plate since it’s an HR platform that has a section for each important matter including onboarding, offboarding, and employee changes.
With this global HR system, you’ll be able to focus on employee experience management by ensuring that employees get the best onboarding and offboarding, obtaining actionable insights regarding the entire employee lifecycle, and creating an employee handbook that would be useful for each new hire.
Below are just a few of the advanced features Rippling will provide as your competent HR software:
- Global payroll,
- Time and attendance tracking,
- Onboarding and offboarding automation,
- Transition automation,
- Workflow automation,
- Hundreds of templates,
- Learning management,
- Talent management,
- PEO (Professional Employer Organization) services,
- Global employment, and
⭐Rippling Capterra Rating: 4.9 (out of 2965 reviews)
Rippling starts at $8 per user on a monthly basis, but it has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
8. BambooHR – Complete HRIS software with intuitive UI and connected workflows for both small and medium businesses
Another popular HR SaaS software is BambooHR—which is quite the saver for small and midsize businesses consisting of 1000 employees at maximum.
Being a cloud-based platform, BambooHR has many features regarding integrated payroll, applicant tracking system (ATS), electronic signatures, and time-off tracking. Its other prominent features include:
- Reporting and analytics,
- Mobile hiring app,
- New-hire onboarding and offboarding,
- Paid time off (PTO),
- and employee wellbeing.
What makes BambooHR popular is its ease of use for employees. With its convenient mobile app, employees can report efficiently. If you want your HR team to move on from spreadsheets and organize their HR data, BambooHR is an ideal HR software solution.
⭐ BambooHR Capterra Rating: 4.6 (out of 2639 reviews)
BambooHR has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
9. Bambee – The best HR system that provides you with a dedicated HR manager to facilitate building your HR policies together
Filled with robust features like employee onboarding, Bambee succeeds in being the single source of truth that your business needs to manage HR-related matters.
Bambee handles several HR processes by automating manual tasks that can be rather tedious and time-consuming to do; these tasks include taxes, employee training, and even HR audits — with these tasks on autopilot, HR teams can focus on other procedures.
Moreover, this cloud-based HR software matches you with an experienced HR representative who helps you with the actions you can take through Bambee. To solve your HR problems, your dedicated manager will be available via phone, chat, or mail, which paves the way for clear and quick communication.
⭐ Bambee Capterra Rating: 4.7 (out of 31 reviews)
Bambee has transparent pricing tiers; however, its plans alter based on the number of employees you have:
- No Employees Yet: $99/month
- 1-4 Employees: $299/month
- 5-19 Employees: $399/month
- 20-49 Employees: $699/month
- 50-99 Employees: $1,299/month
- 100-149 Employees: $2,499/month
- 150-249 Employees: $3,699/month
- 250+ Employees: Custom quote; please contact Bambee’s sales team to get more information.
10. ADP Workforce Now – The best human resources management tool that simplifies custom workflows to optimize HR checklists
ADP Workforce Now offers various human resources management solutions, including payroll, benefits, talent management, time management, compliance, analytics, and benchmarking.
ADP Workforce Now bears several must-have features to provide you with deeper insights regarding hiring, engagement, payroll, compensation, and benefits — one of them being advanced analytics and reporting.
This HR platform can also integrate with other business and HR applications via the APIs and ADP Marketplace.
What other HR features does ADP deliver?
- Self-service portal,
- Applicant tracking,
- 360-degree feedback,
- and compensation and recruitment management.
⭐ ADP Capterra Rating: 4.4 (out of 6358 reviews)
ADP Workforce Now Pricing
ADP Workforce Now has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
11. Oyster HR – Global employment software that specializes in payroll to offer compliance and protection in 180+ countries
The next HR software, used by companies like Bumble, Quora, and Roku, on our list is Oyster HR.
Oyster is a great HR software example for maintaining a global hold on the all HR-related processes — involving major benefits such as the ease at managing your day-to-day workflow, tracking employee hours via time management, getting continuous feedback, and focusing on both absence management and attendance management wherever you are located.
Moreover, this platform allows users to hire without having to worry about the local requirements and compliance issues that might arise, thanks to Oyster’s dedicated legal team.
⭐ Oyster HR Capterra Rating: 4.5 (out of 40 reviews)
Oyster HR Pricing
- Contractor Plan: $29/month per contractor.
- Employee Plan: $499/month per employee when billed annually.
- Scale Plan: For this plan, please contact Oyster’s sales team.
12. OnPay – The best option for midsize businesses in the USA
One of the best HR software in US, OnPay is a great choice for business owners who are looking for a single platform that can manage multiple subjects at once: self-onboarding, in-app messaging, document storage, and HR compliance auditing.
Moreover, OnPay helps you manage all of your day-to-day HR tasks, such as updating policies, conducting benefit analysis, processing payroll, and recruiting candidates.
Below are what you can perform via OnPay:
- HR resource library,
- HR document templates,
- Performance management,
- Applicant tracking,
- Employee feedback,
- Time tracking,
- and employee handbook.
⭐ OnPay Capterra Rating: 4.8 (out of 435 reviews)
OnPay has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
13. Paycor – The best choice for payrolls
Paycor is an all-in-one HR and payroll solution. It helps you directly import employee hours and view cash requirements before submitting the payroll.
It offers all of the major benefits of a cloud-based solution that focuses on human resources with these functions: talent management, employee experience, benefits administration, attendance tracking, and workforce planning.
Those aside, this single source’s core features include predictive analytics so that pointing out the probability of employee turnover becomes easier than ever. With the actionable insights this feature provides, HR teams are able to locate the changes in the organizational structure and act upon them whenever necessary.
Overall, Paycor delivers an excellent solution for payroll processing systems and streamlining HR.
⭐ Paycor Capterra Rating: 4.4 (out of 2693 reviews)
Paycor has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
14. Patriot Software – The best HR for payroll management for USA-based companies
Patriot Software is an USA-exclusive payroll management system that offers its human resource management software as an add-on.
This single software is a great platform for employee management as it includes several reports for employee contact information, demographics, and new hire information.
As this platform is for accounting and payroll as well, Patriot can manage your income, expenses, bank transactions, deductions, and any money-related issue you have in no time — wherever you are through its mobile application.
So, if you want your payroll processing system to have a solid foundation but also reimburse your HRIS software, then Patriot might be the one for you.
On a second note, if what you’re looking for is full control over employees with employee directory, employee hours tracking and such features, then it might be better for you to find another system.
⭐ Patriot Software Capterra Rating: 4.8 (out of 3316 reviews)
Patriot Software Pricing
Patriot has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
15. Gusto – The best HR software for small businesses that need a simple yet thorough solution
Gusto is an online HR software that helps the HR management workflows of small businesses run smoothly. It has the core HR functions that make sure employee satisfaction is the number one priority within a narrow scale, which meets the needs of small businesses with no problem.
For small and midsize businesses, this single source of truth excels at payroll management as well since its well-working payroll processing system takes it from tax filing to direct deposit, leaving no room for compliance risks.
It offers features such as:
- Compensation management,
- Employee onboarding,
- Self-service portal,
- and time off and benefits management.
Unlike ADP and the others mentioned below, Gusto doesn’t have 360-degree feedback, recruitment management, and applicant tracking features.
⭐Gusto Capterra Rating: 4.6 (out of 3812 reviews)
- Simple Plan: $40/month + $6/month per person.
- Plus Plan: $80/month + $12/month per person.
- Premium Plan: For this plan, please contact sales.
16. Factorial – The ultimate software specializing in HR and payroll processes with must-have features for all sizes of businesses
Managing employee time-offs? ✅
Tracking employee performance? ✅
Automating your payroll? ✅
Guess the HR software example I’m giving.
Yes, Factorial it is.
Factorial is the best human resources software for startups, small businesses, and larger companies since it’s a scalable tool that shows transparency in terms of pricing.
That advantage aside, this all-in-one solution includes all of the core HR features, from automations to eliminate manual tasks to custom reports to track all related metrics.
Moreover, as payroll software, it offers payroll services to help HR departments through the entire tax filing, new-hire onboarding, absence management, and direct deposit processes (I mean all payroll processing activities)—eliminating compliance risks.
In short, this single platform supports HR teams through the entire process of workforce management so that they can keep employee information organized and better the HR decision-making process.
⭐Factorial Capterra Rating: 4.5 (out of 247 reviews)
- Business Plan: $4.5/month per seat.
- Enterprise Plan: $5.95/month per seat.
*All the plans above include a 14-day free trial, making it possible to try them out before committing to an annual purchase.
17. Freshteam by Freshworks – The best HR software for frequent use
Freshteam, from the renowned software company Freshworks, acts as a smart all-in-one software for HR teams.
With Freshteam, you get to make sure your HR efforts are up to date with the 2023 standards, from hiring to onboarding, time tracking, employee data, and the day-to-day workflows of the HR team.
- Applicant tracking system,
- Onboarding and offboarding,
- Employee information system,
- Time off,
- Mobile app,
- and detailed HR reports to take your team’s performance to the next level!
⭐Freshteam Capterra Rating: 4.4 (out of 208 reviews)
- Free Plan: $0 (up to 50 employees)
- Growth Plan: $1.20/employee per month.
- Pro Plan: $2.40/employee per month.
- Enterprise Plan: $4.80/employee per month.
18. Retable – The best option for boosting employee performance
Retable is a data management platform that saves not only HR teams but also all departments from inefficient workloads. It allows you to manage both your internal and external HR processes as a team from a single platform with HR-specific spreadsheet templates.
With smart and easy-to-use spreadsheets and customizable forms integrated into the spreadsheets, Retable makes your data management and HR processes organized and systematic, which saves you from boring and complex spreadsheets.
Retable helps your HR team with features such as;
- Task tracking and project management,
- Recruiting cycle management,
- Customizable HR spreadsheet templates,
- User authorization and role management,
- In-app chat and notifications,
- Trigger-action workflows,
- Real-time data and project management,
- and connection to different data points on Retable’s spreadsheets.
With Retable’s user-friendly and no-code interface and data management capabilities, you can have spreadsheets that are customized for any need with a few clicks.
⭐ Retable Capterra Rating: 4.6 (out of 70 reviews)
- Starter Plan: $0 (one-month free trial).
- Team Plan: $12/month + $12/month per additional user.
- Enterprise Plan: For this plan with unlimited users, please contact Retable’s sales team.
19. QuickBooks Time – The best choice for employee time tracking
QuickBooks Time is an HR software designed for employee scheduling and time tracking. It comes with a self-service portal and payroll management.
With QuickBooks, employees can easily track time from any location in real-time. Employees can time-track on smartphones and tablets as well as desktops since it offers HR application software as well.
QuickBooks allows employees to clock themselves in. The self-service feature is one of the must-have features for almost any HR management software.
⭐ QuickBooks Time Capterra Rating: 4.7 (out of 6593 reviews)
QuickBooks Time Pricing
- Premium Plan: $20 base fee/month + $8/month per user.
- Elite Plan: $40/base fee/month + $10/month per user.
20. Namely – The best tool for employee self-service
Namely is a human resource management system that offers the core features of human resources information systems with some special features that are worth mentioning. This HR platform helps businesses improve their HR processes and remain compliant in the meanwhile.
Namely is trusted by 1,400+ organizations. It seamlessly delivers features like employee onboarding, talent management, time and attendance, recruiting, analytics, employee management, and more—letting you manage all your HR procedures and policies from one platform.
What makes Namely one of the best HR software is it’s designed to improve employee engagement. The staff can access all of the HR information they need from a user-friendly portal.
Overall, Namely is a good self-service option for the employees of mid-size organizations.
Namely’s core HR features include:
- Task lists,
- Time off tracking,
- Performance and goal tracking,
- Custom workflows and approvals,
- Employee and manager self-service,
- Compliance database, and
- electronic signature.
⭐ Namely Capterra Rating: 4.2 (out of 431 reviews)
Namely has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
21. Workday – The best for HCM (Human Capital Management) functions
Workday is a popular HR software with a bit of difference from all the other software on our HR software list. The reason for that difference is Workday is the only system for finance, HR, and planning—all in one.
It helps you manage and organize your HR processes while keeping your bottom line in mind. This HR software is trusted and used by many organizations across various industries, including Salesforce, Toyota, Visa, Target, and Adobe.
You must have got a hint by now that Workday is a very versatile tool. It provides solutions for spend management, talent management, enterprise planning, workforce management, payroll, and more.
Workday is also relatively easy to use. Some of its other features are:
- Time tracking tools,
- Self-service tools,
- Employee directories,
- Advanced analytics,
- Machine learning to identify employees’ skills,
- and compensation and benefits administration.
⭐ Workday HCM Capterra Rating: 4.4 (out of 1291 reviews)
Workday HCM Pricing
Workday HCM has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
22. Breezy HR – The complete HR solution for midsize businesses looking for robust people management features
Being one of the names that everyone knows due to the advanced features it includes as a human resource management system, Breezy HR is a great place to start your way into the HR business.
These advanced features include job postings as it’s one of the most troublesome processes that an HR manager has to lead. With this HRIS software, you no longer need to worry, though.
Breezy helps you post your job applications on more than fifty top job sites simultaneously with only one click. Moreover, you can streamline the entire process by getting help from the most crucial offer management features, including creating customized hiring workflows.
Last but not least, this platform shines thanks to another core HR feature it has: reporting and analytics. Even through its mobile application, you’ll be able to get into the employee database and observe data via custom reports regarding pipeline performance, team productivity, and candidate sources.
⭐ Breezy HR Capterra Rating: 4.5 (out of 1399 reviews)
Breezy HR Pricing
- Bootstrap Plan: Free forever for one position.
- Startup Plan: $189/month (unlimited users).
- Growth Plan: $329/month (unlimited users).
- Business Plan: $529/month (unlimited users).
23. Paylocity – Great HR Software vendor for larger businesses to adopt
Imagine a software for startups that has all the core HR features, from attendance management to employee benefits.
Now, stop imagining because we have Paylocity over here.
Paylocity manages to bring out all the key functions an HR team would need to maintain a healthy hold over each and every process. For example, it includes all the key HR metrics to provide teams with performance analytics.
Then, it enhances the information collection phase by offering a simple database that supports document management so that teams can easily find what they’re looking for.
Also, this digital platform counts as performance management software along with an employee engagement tool as it includes all the key functions that advance employee experience while supplying the correct materials to help them succeed.
So, employee handbooks? ✅
Tax filing? ✅
Attendance tracking? ✅
Retirement plans? ✅
All taken care of by Paylocity to help HR teams to give their best!
⭐ Paylocity Capterra Rating: 4.3 (out of 802 reviews)
Paylocity has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
24. OrangeHRM – HRM tool with a free plan to begin managing people and operations in a single platform
From onboarding to performance management, OrangeHRM is a fully-capable software that can help HR teams reach their goals.
By becoming the helping hand of your new hire, this solution offers a seamless onboarding experience to manage the employee lifecycle online – supporting HR teams in standardizing onboarding and offboarding processes single-handedly.
Also, I should mention how functional Bambee’s employee performance portal is: It has every item to display a 360-degree view of your employees. HR managers can perform goal-tracking and even create custom goals for assignees. Within this section, you can also obtain reports regarding employee data.
One last thing: OrangeHRM has free open-source software for you to try out its services, called OrangeHRM Starter.
⭐ OrangeHRM Capterra Rating: 4.1 (out of 185 reviews)
Along with open-source free HR software, OrangeHRM offers its services under a few categories. However, the pricing for these plans is not revealed; if you want more information, please contact OrangeHRM’s sales team.
25. UKG Pro – Single software that can handle the entire process of manual tasks related to human resources with core HR functions
UKG Pro is a human resources management software that remote teams can make use of as payroll software, a digital solution for talent management, and even a human resources information system to track attendance and time.
Managing both pay and workforce, this cloud-based HR software enables HR departments to focus on other crucial topics like recruitment and training and leave the administration side of the business to it.
What makes UKG Pro stand out is the fact that it puts enough importance on the company culture that you wish to create by asking for employee feedback in order to boost employee satisfaction. Also, this core feature allows employees’ voices to be heard, thus, adding up to creating a sustainable and equal workplace where productivity is at the highest.
⭐ UKG Pro Capterra Rating: 4.3 (out of 566 reviews)
UKG Pro Pricing
UKG Pro has custom pricing; thus, you’ll need to reach out to their sales team.
26. UserGuiding – Your go-to platform for digital adoption
UserGuiding is originally a no-code user onboarding tool for onboarding new users to digital platforms. It helps you build:
- Interactive guides,
- In-app messages such as tooltips,
- Announcement modals,
- Self-serve resource centers,
- and it can help you onboard new team members as well!
HR managers know the value of this transition process of new employees into a company. With the right employee onboarding process complemented with UserGuiding’s interactive content, new hires can kickstart their job at high efficiency and warm up to the company’s culture, tools, and colleagues with ease.
Also, HR online or virtual onboarding methods are the most commonly used training techniques—whether for employees who work remotely or in the office. A correctly carried out virtual onboarding with interactive tutorials can:
- Keep employees focused and productive,
- Increase employee engagement, especially for remote employees,
- Help them adjust to the company’s tech stack and adopt digital processes.
⭐ UserGuiding Capterra Rating: 4.7 (out of 51 reviews)
A high-performing HR team needs the best HR software to stay competitive.
You can use these 26 HR software with major features to improve your overall experience as an HR manager and the experience of your employees.
Here’s our quick video with the best HR management software, in case you don’t have the time ⬇️
Frequently Asked Questions
What is HR software used for?
HR software helps HR departments automate manual tasks, save time, store employee information organized, and create data-driven reports. HR software eliminates the need for paper documents. Also, human resource software can be practical for managers and employees within an organization. Some assist with tasks such as time-tracking, performance management, and payroll management.
What is the best HR software?
The best HR software in 2023 are Papaya Global, Remofirst, Multiplier, and Deel.
What is HR software called?
Human Resource Software, Human Resources Management System (HRMS), or Human Resources Information System (HRIS) are solutions that help manage and optimize daily HR tasks while keeping detailed information regarding employees and legal policies and procedures.
What are the benefits of HR software?
Human resource management solutions have various benefits, but one of the biggest ones is reducing the time spent on repetitive and low-impact administration tasks. This way, HR departments can focus more on other long-term strategic responsibilities. That’s why regardless of size and industry, many businesses have started to use specialized human resource software solutions.