Trying to choose a cloud hosting provider can be difficult. There are so many cloud companies, and selecting the best one can be a struggle. However, finding a cloud hosting company with the right mix of offerings for your business – with the best possible uptime and reliability – is possible if you set the needs and solutions you are looking for.
If you’re looking for the best cloud computing services in 2023, this is the right place to find out what you should keep an eye on and how they compare to other services. We have listed the nine best cloud computing services you can choose from.
In addition, we included their pros and cons based on cloud users’ reviews. As a result, you can better understand these services and choose the suitable one.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing stores and accesses data and programs over the internet instead of hard drives, physical servers, or personal computers.
In its simplest terms, cloud computing uses a network of remote servers to store, manage, and process data instead of relying on local storage devices like hard drives. A cloud is essentially a group of servers that are accessible online to store and share information.
Cloud computing is used by individuals and businesses alike to store their data remotely and access it from any computer or device with an internet connection. For example, with cloud computing, you can send files back and forth while working with colleagues, access your photos on your phone or computer, or even use programs like Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
Using the cloud means that the servers you’re using are not located in the exact physical location as you are; they’re accessible via the internet, making it more accessible and secure. Also, you can store your data and backup essential files in case of a disaster.
What Is a Cloud Computing service?
Cloud computing services allow users to rent out computing resources from anywhere in the world. These cloud servers run around the clock and power most of the internet we are using today.
Cloud computing services work by storing information in different locations known as “data centers.” A single data center may have thousands of networked computers, making these facilities very powerful. This also means that individual information stored in one place is then spread across multiple physical devices so that it’s not all stored in one place.
Cloud computing services offer many solutions, including disaster recovery, scalability, mobility, and flexibility.
What to Look for When Selecting a Cloud Computing Company
Cloud computing services aim to improve the overall performance of businesses in all aspects. They help you save money, boost security, and maintain a high quality of service.
If you want to start using a cloud computing service, there are some features you should keep in mind.
When choosing a cloud computing company, you need to consider what you need the service to do. It’s important that you think about what problems you’re trying to solve. For example, if your business processes data in an inconsistent way, storing it in the cloud might make it easier for you to find and manipulate the data.
Also, it would be best if you kept in mind what your business model is and which features are essential and practical for your business. Although most cloud computing services offer similar services, you can check out their key features and decide which one can work best for your company.
Top Cloud Computing Services
Hostwinds is a cloud solution that gives you a good run for your money.
By offering unmatched services that vary according to your needs on crucial matters of the tech world, such as hosting, VPS, cloud, and dedicated servers.
Having great online customer support, Hostwinds doesn’t hesitate to show you the ropes around and help you throughout the setup process, making it possible for your site to be up as soon as possible and run efficiently without any delays.
- It guarantees to keep your data safe and sound by having nightly backups that are performed automatically so that there is no loss in data.
- It monitors your website 24/7; thus, if a problem surfaces, it will be dealt with early on.
- The technical team is available for any kind of issue you might have, 24/7.
- With Weebly, it makes it possible to build your own website without any coding.
- Unlimited databases, unlimited email accounts, unlimited subdomains, and the latest cPanel.
- It provides you with great speed and reliability so that you can have a good hosting experience.
- Domain transfer might be a bit complex.
- Sometimes the load speed might not be as fast as promised.
💵 Pricing: It has different pricing for different solutions, such as web hosting, business web hosting, and VPS hosting. For business web hosting, the cheapest plan starts at $8.99, while the most expensive plan starts at $12.74. For the ones who are looking for a middle ground, they offer a plan that starts at $10.49.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.8/5
Trusted by 75,000+ businesses, Cloudways makes the list for a reason.
That reason could be the partners of Cloudways, such as Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, AWS, and Cloudflare, but that’s not the only reason.
Offering both simplicity and flexibility with great cloud hosting performance, Cloudways is a cloud hosting platform that you can use to take your business to the next level. When launching your website, managing it with ease, and scaling it to success, you’ll have 24/7 expert support that you need to handle anything and everything.
- It promises to have faster page loads.
- 99% uptime that almost all of its users can verify.
- No limits on the number of visits and websites you have.
- Fast response time.
- Already pre-installed on the partners I’ve mentioned above.
- It has an intuitive user interface.
- It lets you add team members and makes it easy to collaborate.
- You can easily monitor and adjust multiple servers and apps.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Not much flexibility in servers.
- It doesn’t have a control panel.
💵 Pricing: It has different pricing for different solutions, such as web hosting, business web hosting, and VPS hosting. For business web hosting, the cheapest plan is $12, while the most expensive plan is $96. For the ones who are looking for a middle ground, they have two more plans – one for $26, and one for $50.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.8/5
Hostinger provides users with a platform that is capable of helping out several use cases, one of which is cloud hosting.
This all-in-one hosting service provider will take your cloud computing to the next level by supporting you throughout the process with 24/7 tech support. Still, support is not the only plus you’ll be presented since Hostinger’s built-in hPanel will grant you with speed and simplicity whenever you utilize this easy-to-use platform.
Moreover, if you’re hosting somewhere else and want to switch, Hostinger offers an automated migration tool for WordPress; if not, their migration team volunteers to do the work for you.
- Along with cloud hosting, Hostinger is a solution for VPS hosting, WordPress hosting, domain, and email hosting.
- You will get a lot of resources to be able to set up and make the most of the services.
- Short loading time, free SSL, access management, eCommerce optimization, and free migration.
- You instantly obtain a free domain and website builder.
- Good customer support and great cost structure.
- Unlimited databases, dedicated resources, unlimited bandwidth, and dedicated IP address.
- It has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so no worries, go and try it out for yourself.
- Some advanced configurations aren’t available.
- Uptime sometimes can be an issue.
💵 Pricing: It has different pricing for different solutions, such as web hosting, cloud hosting, and VPS hosting. For cloud hosting, the cheapest plan is $9.99, while the most expensive plan is $29.99. For the ones who are looking for a middle ground, they offer a plan for $14.99.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.2/5
4. AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud
AWS Cloud is one of the most used cloud computing services. Amazon Web Services is a cloud service provider that can be used independently. Also, AWS can be used together for a broader experience. Using AWS and Elastic Compute Cloud, you can create interactive solutions for your website.
- AWS has many use cases such as cloud migration, cloud operations, content delivery, database migrations, data lakes, analytics, edge computing, and front-end web & mobile development.
- Elastic Compute Cloud can be used by any industry, such as marketing, advertising, media, entertainment, retail, industrial, financial services, etc.
- You can use AWS’s Elastic Compute Cloud if your organization is an enterprise, startup, or public sector.
- Elastic Compute Cloud is easy to set up and adapt for beginners.
- Errors might occur in some data source integrations and underlying infrastructure.
- The call patterns in AWS Lambda might seem complex for some cloud users.
- It needs improvement in storing queries.
💵 Pricing: It has different pricing solutions such as pay-as-you-go, save when you commit, and pay less by using more. You can contact the sales team for further details about pricing.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.5/5
5. Google Cloud
Google Cloud allows you to unify data across your business with storage space. Google Cloud has an open and straightforward way that helps cloud users to bring their data together. Thanks to smart analytics and database solutions, Google Cloud Platform is among the most convenient cloud computing providers.
- Google Cloud is a user-friendly cloud-based service with a straightforward interface.
- It is one of the security-oriented cloud computing services. The level of security is essential in cloud computing services, and Google Cloud gives importance to this issue.
- Service offerings include smart analytics to have better insights into your data at any scale. Its artificial intelligence also simplifies analytics to cloud users.
- Some cloud users might find it a bit expensive.
- Tutorials and help documentation of Google Cloud Platform need to be improved and updated.
- Google Cloud’s dependence on a third party might not be ideal for some cloud users.
💵 Pricing: Google Cloud has different pricing plans for different business models. You can contact the sales for detailed pricing information.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.4/5
6. Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure offers virtual machines and storage accounts that are durable and highly available. It has scalable cloud storage and functional cloud servers as well. In addition, Microsoft Azure has many comprehensive services that can be used for different needs.
- Azure’s SQL database offers managed and clever SQL in the cloud application.
- Creating cloud applications for web and mobile becomes possible with its hybrid cloud services.
- It has a straightforward interface and makes the cloud application functional.
- It would be better if there were more room for Operating System support.
- Virtual machine console access has some drawbacks and deficiencies.
- More application platforms should be available.
💵 Pricing: Pricing details may differ depending on different scenarios. Cloud users can contact the sales and calculate pricing for their cloud offerings and cloud environment.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.3/5
7. IBM Cloud
IBM Cloud is one of the most used cloud providers. IBM Cloud focuses on IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS services mainly. Since it is a customizable platform, you can use it according to your business needs.
- IBM Cloud offers hybrid cloud management and cloud migration. It is open and managed cloud service.
- A data migration solution can enhance your data integrity. Also, you can increase the ROI of your business.
- IBM Cloud seamlessly integrates with many other platforms, which makes cloud computing functional.
- The queries might run slow sometimes for some cloud users.
- It might be a bit complex to use for beginners at first.
💵 Pricing: Pricing plans may differ according to different cloud services. You can check out the IBM cloud cost estimator to calculate the pricing of a wide range of cloud technologies.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.0/5
8. Oracle Cloud
Oracle Cloud is a hybrid cloud service that development teams and IT administrators can use. Oracle Cloud infrastructure offers many services and solutions as a cloud computing service.
- Oracle Cloud has a cloud backup and disaster recovery that makes your cloud safe and easy to manage if an error occurs.
- Oracle’s FastConnect feature allows you to build multi-cloud environments. Hybrid cloud and multi-cloud strategies of Oracle Cloud help cloud users to store their data practically.
- Its user interface is straightforward to use for beginners. Also, the level of security and fast querying is another advantage.
- It offers easy migration of the data for cloud users.
- According to some cloud users, customer support needs to be improved.
- It would be better if Oracle Cloud increased the storage capacity and data transfer speed.
- It might be a bit expensive.
💵 Pricing: It has various pricing plans starting from $0.0980 per hour. You can contact the sales and learn more about the service pricing that fits your business needs.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.1/5
9. Alibaba Cloud
Alibaba Cloud is a cloud computing service that can be used independently. If you prefer to use a service as a broader cloud computing service, you can choose this one. In addition, it offers hybrid cloud services as cloud business. Being one of the most used cloud computing companies, Alibaba has different solutions that can fit your business needs.
- Alibaba Cloud helps you build an auto-scaling system and adjust compute capacity related to traffic fluctuations.
- Its underlying infrastructure includes global virtual desktop infrastructure.
- It is possible to migrate data from an on-premises store to Alibaba Cloud. Cloud users can migrate their e-commerce websites to public cloud providers as well.
- The cross integration needs to be improved along with elastic search.
- The setup might be hard to understand at first for some cloud users.
- User interface and help documentation need to be improved since it might be hard to adapt.
💵 Pricing: Free trial is available. The developer plan starts from $19. The business plan starts from $100, and the enterprise plan starts from $8,000.
⭐ G2 Rating: 4.2/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Which service is best for cloud computing?
Amazon Web’s cloud-computing services can be considered the best cloud platform. Amazon Web has different types of cloud computing, which can be suitable for any business. Considering their quality of service and virtual machines, Amazon Web can serve your needs if you are looking for cloud providers.
Is Azure or AWS better?
Both Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services have pros and cons. For example, Amazon Web’s cloud service is one of the longest-running services. On the other hand, Microsoft Azure’s storage is convenient and user-friendly. As a result, both cloud providers can work for cloud users.
Who is AWS’s biggest competitor?
Cloud computing service provider Amazon Web Service’s competitors are Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and IBM Cloud. Although most of their solutions are similar, each platform can have different features and use cases. Also, their pricing details and quality of service may differ, so comparing them and deciding which can be best for your business and budget can be helpful.